[SOLVED] Are these benchmark scores accurate for i5-9600k vs i7-9700k ?

Oct 3, 2019
About a year ago I built a PC for myself and one for my girlfriend. I wanted to spend a little extra so I got an i7 9700k. My girlfriend wanted to spend a little less and got the i5 9600k. Hers is overclocked to about 4.2 GHz and mine is overclocked to about 4.6 GHz.

Anyway, recently I decided to do a 3DMark benchmark (Time Spy) on both machines and it said the i5 9600k scored about 5000 on the CPU test whereas the i7 9700k scored 8000. I really wasn't expecting this much of a difference between the two and I'm almost concerned her CPU might not be performing correctly. Does this seem like accurate scoring?

I guess I just thought for gaming, there wasn't that much of a leap between the i5 and the i7 versions of these chips.

Solution
6 cores vs 8 cores

dividing the score by Compute units (cores times clockspeed) you come out with ~.2 for hers and ~ .22 for yours. I used 4200 & 4600 respectively.

Close enough for me and I expect you rounded those TimeSpy scores anyways.

popatim

Titan
6 cores vs 8 cores

dividing the score by Compute units (cores times clockspeed) you come out with ~.2 for hers and ~ .22 for yours. I used 4200 & 4600 respectively.

Close enough for me and I expect you rounded those TimeSpy scores anyways.

Solution