Are These Components Compatible?

Jul 20, 2018
Hello everyone,

I would like to know if those components are compatible with each other + can I OC them later without any problems?

CPU: Intel i7-8700K 3.70GHz 12MB
Cooling System: AORUS ATC 700
RAM: Aorus 2x 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card: Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition
Mother Board: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming K3
Power Supply: Corsair CX650 CP-9020122-EU
Hard Drive: 240GB SSD Kingston A400 SATA III
Hard Drive: Samsung 250GB M.2 SATA SSD 860 EVO
Data Drive: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" SATA/600
Optical Drive: None
Media Drive: 12 In 1 Internal media card reader/writer
PC Case: Gigabyte AORUS AC300W RGB

Thanks for help :)

Solution
rm is made with more quality parts. and better design in order to archive higher efficiency.
if you have the choice for extra $40~50 dollar for a power supply with
longer life time, and better waveform. (10 year warranty vs cx's 5 year warranty)

it also has better voltage regulation, and due to the higher efficiency, produces less heat.

cx is okay for entry level gaming pc, 8400/1060 or 1070.
with your system, it better to use some better parts. especially it is used to power
Jul 20, 2018
Kingston SSD is already inside my current computer so I want to move it to a new one (I will use it for games I will play a lot).
Will 850W be enough? Also: Is my 650W not good enough to run this new PC? It is also inside my current computer.
I'm from Poland, so I'm still waiting for Aorus DDR4's.

If you are thinking of getting a m.2 drive, I would suggest a nvme based 960 or 970. Keep in mind that you have three data drive at the moment and you need to go over your manual to avoid m2 sata sharing lanes sata port.

Psu will work, but personally. If you got the budget, get a rm series instead of the cx series.

Everything should fit, and you should have no issues oc it to 4.7-4.8, anything higher requires a bit of luck and better cooling. It lags behinds the nh d15 by a fairly big margin.

Jul 20, 2018

Why rm? Why not cx? Is cx bad?

rm is made with more quality parts. and better design in order to archive higher efficiency.
if you have the choice for extra $40~50 dollar for a power supply with
longer life time, and better waveform. (10 year warranty vs cx's 5 year warranty)

it also has better voltage regulation, and due to the higher efficiency, produces less heat.

cx is okay for entry level gaming pc, 8400/1060 or 1070.
with your system, it better to use some better parts. especially it is used to power

Solution