[SOLVED] Are these components compatible?

unknown100500

Honorable
Apr 14, 2016
I'm trying to build a new computer with some parts from my current one. Will these components be compatible?

-AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (Will buy)
-NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2GB (Already have)
-G.Skill RipjawsV 8GB DDR4-3200MHz (F4-3200C16D-8GVKB) (Will buy)
-MSI B450-A Pro Max (Will buy)
-931GB Hitachi HDS721010DLE630 ATA Device (Already have)

I'm not sure what PSU I have but I think its a 400 or a 450W one. Will it be enough?

As for the case I can't seem to find the model, so would a Kolink Stronghold be fine?

Solution
All of this is compatible but...

If it's a generic power supply it is suspect. Can you find the model? Is the power supply from an OEM system? If yes, make sure it fits in your new case. Some OEM PSUs are a non-standard size or have non-standard screw holes.
Yes, that case should be fine. Verify that the power supply fits.

What will this computer be used for?

If it's a generic power supply it is suspect. Can you find the model? Is the power supply from an OEM system? If yes, make sure it fits in your new case. Some OEM PSUs are a non-standard size or have non-standard screw holes.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Compatible? Yes, it'll work, even with a cheap/no name brand 400/450w psu. You'd be stretching it to see even 200w use from a 65w Ryzen and a 60w GT740.

It'll handle web pages and other lite graphics, videos etc just fine, but do not expect to get much out of a 740 more than very basic Minecraft or Runescape.

unknown100500

Honorable
Apr 14, 2016

Gaming and probably editing, rendering videos. I'll have to open the case to see what PSU I have, once I do it I'll let you know the specs of it. In case it won't be sufficient is there a PSU you would recommend?

unknown100500

Honorable
Apr 14, 2016
Corsair CX 550w is as cheap as I'd go. It's entry level but respectable for your power needs. A good psu is very important for overall health, a bad psu (no matter what the vendor claims) isn't going to do you or your pc any favors.

The PSU is a 550W one

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You go to a race track. You want to bet your life savings on a drag race. You look a both cars.
Car #1 is a professional drag car, big blown and supercharged engine, driver in full flame retardant, sponser covered suit and helmet, pit-crew standing by with tools and gizmos.
Car #2 is a mini-van, painted in various primer colors, somebody spray painted a number on the door. The driver is wearing blue jeans and t-shirt, the pit-crew is standing around smoking with beers in hand.

You tell me exactly which car you want to bet your money on. The one designed and built for racing or the one that's obviously not. Both claim to be race vehicles.

Thats your psu you are looking at.