Prominent
Jun 15, 2022
Hello everyone ,I plan to take these components:
INTEL Core i3-12100F 3.30GHz LGA-1700 BOX
MSI PRO B660M-B DDR4
Rx 6600 xfx
Kingston Fury 8GB Renegade DDR4 3200MHz CL16 KF432C16RB/8
I have lc powe 600w ,ssd samsung evo 250gb and small tower
Do you have any suggestions on how to start connecting these components, does it matter which slot I put the ram on, and some things where I might go wrong when assembling the computer? Thanks

Reactions: artk2219

Stanivoj

Prominent
Jun 15, 2022
What is the actual model of the power supply you have? It will be listed on the label on the side of the power supply. The rest should be compatible. I have serious concerns regarding the PSU but no way to know without knowing the actual model number.
Do you know what the B means in the msi pro b660m B board? I saw that there is also a version of the b660m A, and do you have a better suggestion for a motherboard up to 130 dollars? Thanks a lot

Reactions: artk2219
lc600h-12 v2.31 thats the name of power
Ok, and I'm not kidding here, you need to throw that PSU in the trash so nobody else uses it either and buy something decent to use with the rest of your hardware if you want any of it to last long at all. That LC power unit is a pile of garbage, more like a PSU shaped object than an actual PSU.

JonnyGuru knows more about power supplies than just about anybody around other than Aris, and even he says it's a complete POS. If you use that PSU with your hardware, expect to have problems and potentially cause damage to something at some point if not immediately.

artk2219

Distinguished
Hello everyone ,I plan to take these components:
INTEL Core i3-12100F 3.30GHz LGA-1700 BOX
MSI PRO B660M-B DDR4
Rx 6600 xfx
Kingston Fury 8GB Renegade DDR4 3200MHz CL16 KF432C16RB/8
I have lc powe 600w ,ssd samsung evo 250gb and small tower
Do you have any suggestions on how to start connecting these components, does it matter which slot I put the ram on, and some things where I might go wrong when assembling the computer? Thanks

As mentioned before by Darkbreeze, pickup a decent power supply, what you have is not a great unit. Also I would up the RAM to 16GB minimum, 8GB isnt really enough anymore, otherwise all your components should slot in and work together, itll be a decent little build for a while. Also throw in like a 2TB hdd if you can find one for a decent price for mass storage, that 256gb ssd wont last you long until it fills up. You could probably swap to that board Darkbreeze recommended and throw in the extra ram and hdd for basically the same amount.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stanivoj
If you can stretch that budget just a bit more, this would be a really excellent buy that is currently on sale for about half of what this unit normally costs if you use the promo code shown on the page below the price. It's a limited time offer though so if you want to do that you need to do it fast. Otherwise, let me know where you live and I'll find something acceptable within your budget. It's a bit more than what you need right now but at this price it's well worth it since it's such a high quality unit AND in the even you upgrade to a better graphics card down the road you would avoid having to upgrade the PSU to a bigger one at that time.

https://l.promo.newegg.com/rts/go2....l-AbfSLf-2D-1Ilrt-1c-AbXk1B-l7lvyN8f2e-1FDsAD

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
LC Power is predominantly India area market, Eurasia etc. Which is why they get away with still selling a 20 year old design group regulated psu that claims 600w, but has a split 12v rail with 20A rated each, so maybe 400w at most. My 10yr old Seasonic 520w had the same stats and 6/6+2pin pcie but a single 480w 12v rail.

Op, you'll find that any psu you find in that same price range is going to be the same thing, garbage.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Area is important, what is $70 for you because of import fees/customs etc can be $50 for me or $100 depending on where it comes from etc. So if you have local, available shipping that's relatively cheap, that's where you'll get the better deals.

So kinda need to know locality and favorite stores etc.

Stanivoj

Prominent
Jun 15, 2022
If you can stretch that budget just a bit more, this would be a really excellent buy that is currently on sale for about half of what this unit normally costs if you use the promo code shown on the page below the price. It's a limited time offer though so if you want to do that you need to do it fast. Otherwise, let me know where you live and I'll find something acceptable within your budget. It's a bit more than what you need right now but at this price it's well worth it since it's such a high quality unit AND in the even you upgrade to a better graphics card down the road you would avoid having to upgrade the PSU to a bigger one at that time.

https://l.promo.newegg.com/rts/go2.aspx?h=719552&tp=i-1NGB-Q7F-8el-AbfSLf-2D-1Ilrt-1c-AbXk1B-l7lvyN8f2e-1FDsAD
I live in Serbia https://www.eponuda.com/kompjuteri-...KxP8XgLrgPRVUNrqBmB5ANeotnMpM8JgaAnHOEALw_wcB there is a large selection of power supplies

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
For 8.100 din ($70), there's Nothing. All the same LC Power, Fortron, CoolerMaster White units etc, basically the same garbage with a different label. It's not until you get to the Antec HCG at 14.000 din or Seasonic Focus at 15.000 din that you get to anything worth spending money on in the 550w-650w class psu.

Stanivoj

Prominent
Jun 15, 2022
Reactions: Why_Me

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Corsair RM series is very decent. Better than the more expensive Seasonic Focus imho. 80+Gold (certified), good power outputs, cleaner power than many of its direct competition, it's a good match up for the 6600xt and then some.

There have been some revisions over the last few years, the one pictured is the newer model, the previous model had black/silver and the old version was goldish RM with white 650. So as long as you get what's pictured, you'll be good, if you get either of the older versions, that can happen, I'd be questioning the shop you got it from.

Last edited: