Are these components good for (mainly) programming?

Tjakka5

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
Hello,

A good friend of mine wants to build a computer.
He didn't know what parts he wanted, so he asked me.

After a few tries, I managed to come up with this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3ekIF

My friend wants to use his computer mainly for programming in HTML and Python.
However, he often does a lot of multitasking, and has lots of applications open, and like 70 tabs on google chrome.

He wants to be able to watch youtube videos without any lag in 1080p, but not so much gaming.
The whole thing shouldnt cost more than 900 euros; and he already has a keyboard.

I went for the i7-4771 as I heard that it has good enough intergrated graphics, but I also went for a decent enough video card so he can run some basic games.

16 gigs of DDR3 ram seemed plenty for him.
He wants at least 1TB HDD, but I found this really cheap HDD which was 3 TB, so I chose that one.
He also wants about 250 gigs of SSD.

Basically, applications and the OS goes on the SSD, and everything else (files, pictures) goes on the HDD.

The site said that it would be about 260 watts, so I chose a 400watt one, just to be save.
I wasnt sure what case to pick, so I went for the cheapest one.

He listens to music a lot on his computer too so I added a decent sound card.

So, my question.
Do any of you see improvements to this system without bumping up the price to much?
Thanks in advance.

matt20020

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
I would get a better power supply like the one ive given you the link for above!, and when choosing the graphics make sure its ddr5 not ddr3, aslong as its at least 1gb ddr5 that will be better than any ddr3 graphics card

Tjakka5

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014

Yeah; to bad it doesnt support overclocked videocards though.
I currently have a GeForce 9500GT, at factory settings its 550 mhz, but I got it to 880 mhz.

Nice, mind giving out some FPS outputs on some games? I had a 9500GT but I replaced it years ago haha.