Are these desktop parts?

bradsctt

Distinguished
Yes, the first link is a desktop part. We cant see the second one because that is a shopping cart. Can you please use this website: http://pcpartpicker.com/ to list all the parts, and then we can let you know if they will work together.

I would get better ram, and 2 sticks, if you plan on using that processor for gaming without a videocard.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8212737&CatId=4534

Xemnautious

Reputable
Jun 18, 2014

Can you explain the difference?

It's a dual channel motherboard.
You want two sticks of RAM together, not just one. That will reduce the speed.

The RAM you selected is 1600Mhz, this pair is 1866Mhz. It's faster.
But when gaming on the APU's, the faster RAM can make a 20% or more different in frame rates.

Nods to Razer, APUs suck for gaming in general and overall use, they are made for low cost, low demands, and mot of all low power, so they are great for Tablets and such (the target market) for the 90% of other computer users NOT for gamers. While RazerZ is right in comparision the G3258 drops too low (you get as low in the teens and twenties in some games) and still not as viable as a simple i5 system.

If your going to try and be a cheapo (looking at like a $200 or somthing gaming PC) your wasting your time, and your money. You get ALOT better performance, compatibility (games actually WILL play on it including the newest titles) and most of all ease of use (you just turn it on to use it, no drivers issues, malware, etc.) get a CONSOLE. PS3/Xbox360 still only $149

Yes I did in fact before I posted that, would you like me to point you to EXACTLY where in the article it says the SAME THING? While it is OC it can achieve 'UP TO' a i5, the problem is DURING gameplay it also DROPS (as all CPUs will) but the drop for the i5 is losing around 10 FPS (think when Heli Does RocketPod at you all at once) while the G3258 drops down "into the 20s" . The article made SPECIAL NOTE about that. So your gameplay will have severe drops IN game, while being with the 'normal' i5 you won't.

Still a fact: PC Gaming will NEVER be as cheap as a Console, to get the same 'bang for buck' spent. You either spend the cash, which for WatchDog, BF4, BF:HL, COD:AW, The Division, etc. all just 'saw at E3' means at least a i7 and 760/770 or a R9 or you will "not as I saw at E3" video performance. All the posts tonight / this morning on all the kids whom just watched the E3 trailer and only got a couple hundred dollars have no other choices honestly. I am VERY surpised almost EVERY title will still be sold on 'legacy' consoles (PS3/Xbox360).

bradsctt

Distinguished
Yeah, of course i saw about the game dropping to low FPS in certain scenes. That also used to happen to me on my FX 6300. Anyway...

Agreed, PC gaming is not for those on a small budget. You must be willing to spend extra if required, or otherwise be stuck with low performance.

An example is the people who bought Watch Dogs, expecting to be able to run it maxed out on their below average systems, with the same graphics as the E3 2012 trailer. Yes, Ubisoft did not deliver fully on those first images, but the game still looks really nice, on mid end hardware. But. We now know that even high end, $2000-$3000 systems are finding it hard to run smoothly.

The number of guys I saw in the day after release, who were trying to run it on something like a GT 630 and complaining about it not running at 60fps. :pfff:

They should have either put more money into their GPU, and less into buying huge amounts of RAM or other overpriced parts, OR otherwise just bit the bullet and spent more overall for their build.

Xemnautious

Reputable
Jun 18, 2014

Im not trying to play all those e3 games im only gonna be playing League of legends, hearthstone, and Wildstar.

Xemnautious

Reputable
Jun 18, 2014
Can you help me with a simple i5 system. Like which are the best i5's and parts to get with it.