[SOLVED] Are these good for a gaming PC?

Aug 23, 2019
Hi
I am trying to assemble a brand new PC.
So far these are the components I have chosen..

I plan on getting a galax gtx 1650 super and an asrock b450m-hdv for the mobo

Are these compatible together and are my selections good?

Thanx for any help.

Solution
By no means is the CX "bad." Like it's not going to catch fire or anything but it could reduce power to a graphics card under demand. Newer CX units are better than they use to be and if its the only thing in your budget then get it.

The Vengence 650m is a good PSU but the s12ii is a bit old still also not bad.
Not bad at all except I would strongly suggest getting a better quality PSU. While that PSU should work its reliability might be questionable under high gaming load. Build quality is far more important than wattage when it comes to picking a PSU. I will also say someone else should comment on the motherboard since I am not sure about it myself.

Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $79.99

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ussion-and-recommended-models-thread.3212332/

"TX, RM, RMx, RMi, HX, HXi, AX or AXi units are good. Those are listed from good to best, with the best of these Corsair models being the AX and AXi units. "

For Corsair units I prefer getting no lower quality than RM or RMx.

Reactions: LgRock1197
Aug 23, 2019
Not bad at all except I would strongly suggest getting a better quality PSU. While that PSU should work its reliability might be questionable under high gaming load. Build quality is far more important than wattage when it comes to picking a PSU. I will also say someone else should comment on the motherboard since I am not sure about it myself.

Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $79.99

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ussion-and-recommended-models-thread.3212332/

"TX, RM, RMx, RMi, HX, HXi, AX or AXi units are good. Those are listed from good to best, with the best of these Corsair models being the AX and AXi units. "

For Corsair units I prefer getting no lower quality than RM or RMx.
Thx for the help :D
That PSU is a bit expensive though when considering the total cost of the PC..Is there any other cheaper model that you can recommend
Is the cx model that bad? I heard they released newer revisions that improved that model..I'm not sure..but anyway thats y i chose that
Is the vengeance 650m or the seasonic s12ii 620 good?

Last edited:
By no means is the CX "bad." Like it's not going to catch fire or anything but it could reduce power to a graphics card under demand. Newer CX units are better than they use to be and if its the only thing in your budget then get it.

The Vengence 650m is a good PSU but the s12ii is a bit old still also not bad.

Solution