[SOLVED] Are these good specs

Solution
PSU sucks. You don't want the G5, it is not comparable with older units like the G2, G3, etc.

And personally, I'd avoid that Adata NVME M.2 drive. Adata is not known for being a high quality manufacturer. They are known for being a budget manufacturer, and budget hardware like that doesn't belong in a build with the rest of that hardware, much like that PSU doesn't belong.

The case is "ok" but uses Corsair's RGB ecosystem, so don't expect any of it's lighting to work with other controllers or or other lighting to work with the iCue software and proprietary connections. Other than that , the rest of the build...
PSU sucks. You don't want the G5, it is not comparable with older units like the G2, G3, etc.

And personally, I'd avoid that Adata NVME M.2 drive. Adata is not known for being a high quality manufacturer. They are known for being a budget manufacturer, and budget hardware like that doesn't belong in a build with the rest of that hardware, much like that PSU doesn't belong.

The case is "ok" but uses Corsair's RGB ecosystem, so don't expect any of it's lighting to work with other controllers or or other lighting to work with the iCue software and proprietary connections. Other than that , the rest of the build looks decent although I don't see any memory listed.

Solution

Imposted

Reputable
Sep 25, 2019

The case is "ok" but uses Corsair's RGB ecosystem, so don't expect any of it's lighting to work with other controllers or or other lighting to work with the iCue software and proprietary connections. Other than that , the rest of the build looks decent although I don't see any memory listed.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D5SN1ZK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
This is the ram. Can you elaborate on the rgb part? Don't really understand.

Last edited:

Imposted

Reputable
Sep 25, 2019

Also, what ssd and psu would you recommend
this is the psu im looking at rn https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079H5WNXN/ref=twister_B07V6HH4PQ?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

and this is the ssd: https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-970-...Samsung+970+EVO+SSD+1TB&qid=1602049593&sr=8-3

Last edited:

Imposted

Reputable
Sep 25, 2019

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Not unless you liquid cool the gpu, or get a pre-assembled hybrid cooled card, otherwise pass on that one.
A very attractive chassis in its own right, the greatest downsides are:
-limited cooling options
-limited cooling potential

It does just fine - if done right, but most threads I've seen don't: with a gaming graphics card, the cpu is liquid/hybrid cooled first, which is doing it backwards in this particular chassis.

I recommend avoiding NZXT ENTIRELY, both as a company and because of their products. Almost everything they sell these days requires their CAM software in one way or another and that software is notoriously corrupt for phoning home on a continuous basis with information about your system. Even in "guest" modes, it's guilty of it. And that's without even getting into them selling "features" and products that LITERALLY don't do anything, and upcharging for them. They USED to be a decent company, but I won't buy ANYTHING from them now. I have exactly two of their products, a Grid+ v2 and a Hue+, both of which I bought many years ago and am using third party software to control, which results in losing some features of the hardware but I'm willing to accept that in order to keep using it on other systems without the CAM software having to be installed.

I'd stick to cases from Fractal Design, Corsair, Phanteks, Be Quiet or Lian Li. Generally speaking.