[SOLVED] Are these GPU's the same? Shortage help!

Jan 5, 2021
Hi Guys,

I am desperate to build my first gaming PC but the part shortages are clearly a problem and given my limited knowledge I am not sure if there are alternatives.

From my original post below you can see my recommendation and build which included a GEFORCE RTX 3060TI DUAL 8GB GDDR6 PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD

I cannot find this specific one but have found availability of these two... I am confused at to if these are the same as what I want? What is the difference if you dont mind me asking (new to this but keen to learn). Any help on my situation appreciated.

Buy ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB DUAL OC Graphics Card | Free Delivery | Currys
Buy GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB EAGLE Graphics Card | Free Delivery | Currys

Original post below

Looking to push the button on my first PC build and moving from console gaming to PC. The main driver at the minute is Escape from Tarkov but will use the PC for other games, work emails, internet browsing and likely photo/video editing in the near future.

Budget is max £1,000 not including monitor and peripherals. Not bothered about aesthetics but want high FPS and good quality gaming experience with ability to upgrade in future but to be good for a couple of years.

I have had this PC build recommended and looking for other opinions. I can wait a week or so to order parts if there will be significant savings. All help appreciated.

Item
Price
CPU*AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor£187.67
Motherboard*Gigabyte B550M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard£84.72
Memory*Kingston HyperX Fury RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory£68.88
Storage*Kingston A2000 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive£53.47
Video Card*Palit GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB Dual Video Card£432.95
CasePhanteks Eclipse P360A ATX Mid Tower Case£66.57
Power Supply*Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply£67.97
Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit£87.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total£1050.22

Have been recommended to upgrade power supply to 650W but any other observations greatly appreciated. Thank you

Reactions: Franky.4.Fingers
Solution
Jan 5, 2021
https://www.awd-it.co.uk/kolink-cit...iry=1617819585&source=webgains&siteid=1295665

Nice case if you're happy with matx to go with the board

It'll save you £20 to boot and has excellent build quality.

The argb is a tenner more and won't need any fans adding.

https://www.awd-it.co.uk/kolink-citadel-black-mesh-rgb-micro-atx-case.html

Re the gpu's

I would absolutely not go above £430 for any 3060ti, it's rrp is £399, those prices are badly inflated especially the gigabyte card.

Thank you bud - the argb looks good!

It is a difficult predicament with the GPU situation. Currently in a 6 - 8 week lockdown and struggling to find anything in stock let alone priced at previous levels and from what I am reading this may drag on for sometime so to pay an additional £40.00 to potentially be up and running during lockdown, I am thinking it might be worth it in the circumstance but I am a bit lost with it all and no idea what is good value or if I can save any additional money on the build. Relying on forums to be honest.

Get whatever you can buy in stock. If you want a 3060ti, the 40pound markup doesn't seem bad. Considering how much time you have to spend indoors, no gathering with friends and family etc..... I think everyone's had more screen time than they wanted in 2020.

Jan 5, 2021
https://www.awd-it.co.uk/kolink-cit...iry=1617819585&source=webgains&siteid=1295665

Nice case if you're happy with matx to go with the board

It'll save you £20 to boot and has excellent build quality.

The argb is a tenner more and won't need any fans adding.

https://www.awd-it.co.uk/kolink-citadel-black-mesh-rgb-micro-atx-case.html

Re the gpu's

I would absolutely not go above £430 for any 3060ti, it's rrp is £399, those prices are badly inflated especially the gigabyte card.
Hi mate, just about to order my Casing for PC - noticed the cases you said are named 'micro' - not compromising on anything now or future if I get one or is there no difference to the mid tower? Cheers

Hi mate, just about to order my Casing for PC - noticed the cases you said are named 'micro' - not compromising on anything now or future if I get one or is there no difference to the mid tower? Cheers
microATX case can usually only fit up to that size motherboard.

Mid-Tower case can fit bot ATX and microATX size motherboards.

I prefer a dual chamber case, so I can hide my wires for a cleaner look.

^ what gggplaya said.

You compromise on board size but as you're buying a microatx board I lookat at microatx cases.

Yes it would hd you back from going full atx board in the future but in all honest that ryzen and b550 microatx board will last you years

By the time you build another pc you'd probably want a new case to go with it anyway.

The citadel is a great matx case, takes a full size psu, has excellent cooling, will take a 350mm long gpu, 2 x 3. 5 inch hard drive and 3 x 2.5mm hard drives.

So in that respect it has ample room, the only caveat is if you ever want to upgrade to a full size motherboard.

The thing to me was that the board you picked would look completely lost in that atx phanteks case imo.

Jan 5, 2021
Thanks Guys - weird question but I presume when I build my PC - I just plug ethernet cable in from the router and we are good to go? I haven't bought anything which suggests it is wifi ready - doesn't bother me as my desk is next to router...?

Also looking for gaming mouse and keyboard for around £50 or less if you have any recommendations?

Also a monitor (I'm in deep now) - presume 144hz 1440hp is worth the investment longer term - want to spend no more than £300 ideally...any advice? My build is a Ryzen 5 3600 and Palit Dual 3060TI...cheers

Thanks Guys - weird question but I presume when I build my PC - I just plug ethernet cable in from the router and we are good to go? I haven't bought anything which suggests it is wifi ready - doesn't bother me as my desk is next to router...?

Also looking for gaming mouse and keyboard for around £50 or less if you have any recommendations?

Also a monitor (I'm in deep now) - presume 144hz 1440hp is worth the investment longer term - want to spend no more than £300 ideally...any advice? My build is a Ryzen 5 3600 and Palit Dual 3060TI...cheers

Yes mate, gigabit ethernet is built into the board.

So pretty much cable it in and you're away.

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/ele...sync-hdr-monitor-eiq-27mq95fshdru/version.asp

1440p 27 inch 100htz panel for less than £200

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/ele...sync-hdr-monitor-eiq-27mq95fshdru/version.asp

Ignore the branding, that's an LG panel in there and it has a 2 year warranty, it's an absolutely cracking buy imo.

I would only buy lower than 144hz if you plan on using GSYNC. With nvidia cards, if a monitor is not on the approved list, I have found that after a restart or after the screen shuts off. I have to go into gsync control panel and select say 60hz, then go back in and select 90hz or whatever the native refresh rate is. Minor annoyance. Some screens wont operate with gsync at its full refresh rate. So keep that in mind.

My monitor says its gsync compatible but thats what i gave to do.

Jan 5, 2021
Yes mate, gigabit ethernet is built into the board.

So pretty much cable it in and you're away.

1440p 27 inch 100htz panel for less than £200

Ignore the branding, that's an LG panel in there and it has a 2 year warranty, it's an absolutely cracking buy imo.
Great, thanks mate.

As that is 95hz does that mean I wont be able to achieve frame rate above 100fps? With my build - will it matter? For an extra £100 I can get something like these - worth it?

AOC CQ27G2U 27" QHD VA 144Hz Curved LED Monitor - Laptops Direct

Buy HP 27xq Quad HD 27" LCD Gaming Monitor - Black | Free Delivery | Currys

Great, thanks mate.

As that is 95hz does that mean I wont be able to achieve frame rate above 100fps? With my build - will it matter? For an extra £100 I can get something like these - worth it?

AOC CQ27G2U 27" QHD VA 144Hz Curved LED Monitor - Laptops Direct

Buy HP 27xq Quad HD 27" LCD Gaming Monitor - Black | Free Delivery | Currys

Realistically at 1440p you're not going to hit above 100fps constantly at highest settings with a 3060ti anyway., apart from esports titles like fortnite etc

Its entirely up to you but I wouldn't spend the extra on a 144htz monitor personally.

TRENDING THREADS