Question Are these intermittent issues a WiFi problem?

Mar 29, 2020
Hello Savants,
My Windows 10 laptop has two intermittent network issues. It just occurred to me that they might be related and could give some insight. Intermittent 1) Connecting my laptop to my Firestick. Firestick calls this mirroring. I can see the Firestick on my laptop's connection menu, but when I select to connect to the Firestick I am told unable to connect (no error code). But sometimes I can . Intermittent #2 - Wireless printing. HL-L2350DW. Sometime it works, sometimes it does not. My wife's laptop (with the same wireless networking available) always prints. I can always see the printer, but when I send the job, nothing happens - no errors on the laptop or the printer. Rebooting laptop or router does not seem to effect the result
My question- can these be the same issue?
System: Lenovo Flex 5 running up-to-date Windows 10.
WiFI SSID: FiOS-L11SN
Protocol: Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n)
Security type: WPA2-Personal
Network band: 2.4 GHz

kanewolf

Titan
Hello Savants,
My Windows 10 laptop has two intermittent network issues. It just occurred to me that they might be related and could give some insight. Intermittent 1) Connecting my laptop to my Firestick. Firestick calls this mirroring. I can see the Firestick on my laptop's connection menu, but when I select to connect to the Firestick I am told unable to connect (no error code). But sometimes I can . Intermittent #2 - Wireless printing. HL-L2350DW. Sometime it works, sometimes it does not. My wife's laptop (with the same wireless networking available) always prints. I can always see the printer, but when I send the job, nothing happens - no errors on the laptop or the printer. Rebooting laptop or router does not seem to effect the result
My question- can these be the same issue?
System: Lenovo Flex 5 running up-to-date Windows 10.
WiFI SSID: FiOS-L11SN
Protocol: Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n)
Security type: WPA2-Personal
Network band: 2.4 GHz
Possible, but difficult to say for sure. Do you live in an apartment or other congested WIFI environment? Have you tried a wired connection?