[SOLVED] Are these normal CPU temps 5600x

Mozuna01

Prominent
Apr 14, 2021
2k gaming “Control” game Highest settings with an RTX 3070. My CPU load was about 20% and my temp was hovering between 50-55c. Just trying to get an idea of what temps i should be getting at this range. Seems high temp for 20%, but i could be wrong. I’m new to this.

Reactions: Bassman999
Solution
Control differs from a lot of modern games in that it maxes out at4 threads usage wise (it'll even run on a dual core with reasonable performance)

Think your 5600is a 12 threaded cpu so 20% usage could be 4 physical cores running at around 80% each.
Ryzen temps are always given off the hottest core in the cpu at any given time so that would explain that 55c temp immediately.

You could then argue with that information in hand that those temps are actually very good (rather than just acceptable).

Mozuna01

Prominent
Apr 14, 2021
We have have had a rash of posts of this. It's ok for your CPU to run 50--70C its ok, deep breathe its ok..........lol. Now if it goes to thermal max, yes look into it.

People watch temps way too much and just need to game and use the machine :)

Yea I know i’m not in trouble by any means but I wanted to be sure that those numbers were normal at that load. I was thinking If my CPU usage is at say 50%, then would it be safe to assume I’d be hitting 80c based on the current trend? Either way I’m just trying to learn and protect my investment for many years to come.

Thank you all for your input thus far.

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
Yea I know i’m not in trouble by any means but I wanted to be sure that those numbers were normal at that load. I was thinking If my CPU usage is at say 50%, then would it be safe to assume I’d be hitting 80c based on the current trend? Either way I’m just trying to learn and protect my investment for many years to come.

Thank you all for your input thus far.
It would seem it would work that way, but it normally doesnt.
Its not exactly a cumulative thing, and low utilization can have higher spikes from peak single core.
My 5900x can hit 60c with 20%, but not exceed 74C at 100% in a stress test

Mozuna01

Prominent
Apr 14, 2021
It would seem it would work that way, but it normally doesnt.
Its not exactly a cumulative thing, and low utilization can have higher spikes from peak single core.
My 5900x can hit 60c with 20%, but not exceed 74C at 100% in a stress test

You know I was thinking that this was exactly how it works. Usually electronics of this kind dont work That Way. Just me using simple logic for something a bit more complicated Really. But this is reassuring. Haha i was about to slap on a microcenter warranty right quick if anything.

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
You know I was thinking that this was exactly how it works. Usually electronics of this kind dont work That Way. Just me using simple logic for something a bit more complicated Really. But this is reassuring. Haha i was about to slap on a microcenter warranty right quick if anything.
I was concerned initially as well, but thats because I really never payed attention to temps in my pc in the past.
It was my Toshiba laptop that was burning my leg that initially got me thinking about pc temps.

Reactions: Mozuna01
Control differs from a lot of modern games in that it maxes out at4 threads usage wise (it'll even run on a dual core with reasonable performance)

Think your 5600is a 12 threaded cpu so 20% usage could be 4 physical cores running at around 80% each.
Ryzen temps are always given off the hottest core in the cpu at any given time so that would explain that 55c temp immediately.

You could then argue with that information in hand that those temps are actually very good (rather than just acceptable).

Solution

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
2k gaming “Control” game Highest settings with an RTX 3070. My CPU load was about 20% and my temp was hovering between 50-55c. Just trying to get an idea of what temps i should be getting at this range. Seems high temp for 20%, but i could be wrong. I’m new to this.
That's an normal temperature, either you are using a good cooler or your ambient temperature is less, my 3600 does 75deg in the same control. So for an eg, my summer temperature is 40 now and for me 47 - 50 is idle. So you get me l, your cpu is super cool. So don't worry