[SOLVED] are these normal temp for Q9650

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
hi, have recently upgraded the Q9500 of my backup pc (on sig) to a Q9650. It's an old potato pc. lol
anyway, this pc is not used for heavy gaming, it's mostly for archiving backup photos + videos of family and friends during parties and other events.

just to be safe, are these temps normal? I'm just viewing a Christmas song on youtube when I did the check with HWmonitor.

Cooler being used is Cooler Master 150c. Used the paste that came with the cooler.
Have some Thermal Grizzly here in the house, would repasting with the grizzly improve temps? Or are these temps already normal, and I would just be wasting paste if repasted?

l2cj6m.jpg

the cpu change went well. The pc booted normally, no bsod, no black screen.

Solution

Apparently known to run warm, per above.

So that may be "normal". Even if abnormal, how excited can you get about temps in the 50s and low 60s?

Apparently known to run warm, per above.

So that may be "normal". Even if abnormal, how excited can you get about temps in the 50s and low 60s?

Reactions: Tac 25
Solution
just to be safe, are these temps normal?
Temps somehow (surprisingly) are within acceptable limits. You probably didn't run cpu load test very long.
Your cpu cooler is garbage. It's even worse than intel stock cooler for Q9650.
Stock cooler (it's still bad) has copper core. Your cooler is just an aluminum block.

Get some cheap heatpipe cooler - Deepcool gammaxx 400 or CM Hyper 212 evo.

Reactions: Tac 25

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
yeah, took those temps only a few minutes.
checked temps again, and it has improved. :)

and this is my cooler, bought it some weeks ago from Aliexpress. The version I got, the i50C uses a copper core.
Going to observe temps on the next few days. Will check out those coolers you mentioned if I need better cooling.