Question Are these normal temperatues?

zackthaboss

Reputable
Feb 25, 2017
My msi gtx 1060 6gb gaming x graphics card idles around 40c and during gaming like far cry 5 it will get up to 65c. I have 3 intake fans in my case and 1 exhaust fan and 35% fan speed set in msi afterburner only while gaming, when not gaming i turn the fan off.

Jepson

Commendable
Feb 28, 2019
Maybe try upgrading your processor or mobo because if you have any of those that are outdated with your gpu, it can make your fans and computer work overly hard to run and not be able to run the high level graphics games you play, so see what mobo, graphics card or even ssd you have and see if you have to upgrade any of those, and see what the Celsius is then.

Sorry I am bad with these things, but here you go.

zackthaboss

Reputable
Feb 25, 2017
Maybe try upgrading your processor or mobo because if you have any of those that are outdated with your gpu, it can make your fans and computer work overly hard to run and not be able to run the high level graphics games you play, so see what mobo, graphics card or even ssd you have and see if you have to upgrade any of those, and see what the Celsius is then.

Sorry I am bad with these things, but here you go.
I have a ryzen 5 2600 and an msi x470 gaming motherboard and a 500gb western digital ssd

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Your cpu supports your mobo
Sorry but this has no relevance on the original post.
A motherboard not supporting a CPU will cause a boot loop, not temperature increases.
Equally the storage devices are really not integral to temperatures unless you have something seriously overheating.

You do not need to upgrade anything if 65 degrees is your peak temperature.

zackthaboss

Reputable
Feb 25, 2017
Sorry but this has no relevance on the original post.
A motherboard not supporting a CPU will cause a boot loop, not temperature increases.
Equally the storage devices are really not integral to temperatures unless you have something seriously overheating.

You do not need to upgrade anything if 65 degrees is your peak temperature.
well sometimes it gets closer to 70c like 67c or 68c but is this still fine? I thought it was supposed to be lower since i have 3 intake fans in the front and 1 exhaust in the back of the case.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
well sometimes it gets closer to 70c like 67c or 68c but is this still fine? I thought it was supposed to be lower since i have 3 intake fans in the front and 1 exhaust in the back of the case.

It will totally depend on the the environment you're in, your usage, and the rest of your system.
The GTX 1060 has a maximum operating temperature of around 95 degrees. 70 degrees is nothing to worry about.

The idea of having 3 intake to 1 exhaust is having positive air pressure to force your exhaust to work in getting cool air out quicker. So whatever this is set at will be integral to extracting hot air.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS