[SOLVED] Are these ok results for my current PC build?

Solution
I don't see ANY notes in the ASUS BIOS update guidelines for that board indicating there are any special procedures or a requirement for incremental updates like we've seen for some other boards. It does recommend that you are on the latest chipset driver before updating to version 4602 or newer.

I'd probably recommend that you update to the latest AMD chipset driver as available on the ASUS website here, first:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b350

And then update to version 4602. Then after verifying that you are good after the update and can POST and enter the BIOS, and that you can boot normally into Windows, I'd update to version 5220. That's how I'd do it. Your mileage may vary and others may not...
Yeah, something is wrong. Did you have a shop build this for you or just some idiot who said they know how to build computers? AKA, a "friend". LOL.

If you are not comfortable enough to assemble the system yourself it's doubtful you are going to be comfortable troubleshooting it either, because it's likely going to require removing and reinstalling or at least checking the installation of some of the hardware and software.

Did you do a clean install of Windows when this was build or are you using a Windows installation that was from a prior system?

Can you take a look at the memory installation and verify whether or not the memory is installed in the 2nd and 4th DIMM slots, as seen here, or if they are installed in some other configuration which would be wrong? Also, it would help to know your full hardware specifications.

UB6JJIp.png

Reactions: CountMike
Jan 1, 2020
Yeah, something is wrong. Did you have a shop build this for you or just some idiot who said they know how to build computers? AKA, a "friend". LOL.

If you are not comfortable enough to assemble the system yourself it's doubtful you are going to be comfortable troubleshooting it either, because it's likely going to require removing and reinstalling or at least checking the installation of some of the hardware and software.

Did you do a clean install of Windows when this was build or are you using a Windows installation that was from a prior system?

Can you take a look at the memory installation and verify whether or not the memory is installed in the 2nd and 4th DIMM slots, as seen here, or if they are installed in some other configuration which would be wrong? Also, it would help to know your full hardware specifications.

UB6JJIp.png

Hey thanks for the reply.

I had a family friend build it and i assume that he knows enough to be able to put it together so i doubt it was him that was the problem. This is my 1st PC and its a new installation of windows no installation from a prior device. Finally i will get back to you in a couple of mins to where my memory modules are installed.

Jan 1, 2020
Hey thanks for the reply.

I had a family friend build it and i assume that he knows enough to be able to put it together so i doubt it was him that was the problem. This is my 1st PC and its a new installation of windows no installation from a prior device. Finally i will get back to you in a couple of mins to where my memory modules are installed.

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/hfS0TpH

Heres a picture of what they look like. Seems to be set up the same as the picture that you have sent but ill let you judge just to be sure. Sorry if i dont reply for a while i have to go out for work.

Thanks Darkbreeze

Jan 1, 2020
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/hfS0TpH

Heres a picture of what they look like. Seems to be set up the same as the picture that you have sent but ill let you judge just to be sure. Sorry if i dont reply for a while i have to go out for work.

Thanks Darkbreeze

Sorry forgot about the parts.

I can remember my GPU and CPU off the top of my head but can't remember the other parts.
GPU - Nvidia George GTX 1060 6GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 3 1200

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
For good partslist,

download hwinfo,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
in the main window at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "Summary for Clipboard",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
copy by clicking "copy to clipboard" and rightclick+paste in your next respons

also include psu=maker+model+wattage.

Do set DOCP to enabled and choose profile 1 in the bios. Your ram isn't working at rated speed according to the benchmark.

The first thing that catches the eye is that your RAM is working at 2133MHz, but the actual RAM kit is rated for 2666. So that needs to be properly tuned in BIOS.

Also, your background CPU usage is 7%, which affects CPU benchmark results. Probably antivirus or similar tool is using your CPU, but check all processes in device manager just to be sure how much they use.

For some reason, your SSD is also considerably slower than expected. Run Samsung Magician and optimize the drive (TRIM). You might even get some clues in Magician regarding what is wrong or what could be improved in that regard.

I had a family friend build it and i assume that he knows enough to be able to put it together so i doubt it was him that was the problem.

THAT, couldn't be further from the truth. You need to understand there are even people out there building systems and posting MAJOR publication reviews about doing it, that are not doing it right and are in fact making GROSS mistakes during the build and then broadcasting that fact, much like you see here:

So, don't ever assume that just because somebody knows how to put the screws in the right places, that they know much beyond that or that even if they do, that they are doing what they are doing, correctly or more importantly, that they are not making mistakes along the way. Even somewhat experienced, or long time builders, can make monumental mistakes due to a lack of knowledge about a certain area or procedure.

Update the BIOS and then set the DOCP profile in the BIOS after updating. That is where I'd start as well.

There are plenty of Youtube tutorials on updating your BIOS on pretty much any given board or at least a board from the same manufacturer that uses the same chipset. I don't recommend using BIOS update methods that happen IN the Windows environment. Do the update in the BIOS using EZ Flash.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1572-how-to-flash-bios-on-asus-board

Jan 1, 2020
Update the BIOS and then set the DOCP profile in the BIOS after updating. That is where I'd start as well.

There are plenty of Youtube tutorials on updating your BIOS on pretty much any given board or at least a board from the same manufacturer that uses the same chipset. I don't recommend using BIOS update methods that happen IN the Windows environment. Do the update in the BIOS using EZ Flash.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1572-how-to-flash-bios-on-asus-board

OK thanks man I'll update my BIOS and give bench mark another go afterwards I'll get back to you in a bit.

I don't see ANY notes in the ASUS BIOS update guidelines for that board indicating there are any special procedures or a requirement for incremental updates like we've seen for some other boards. It does recommend that you are on the latest chipset driver before updating to version 4602 or newer.

I'd probably recommend that you update to the latest AMD chipset driver as available on the ASUS website here, first:

And then update to version 4602. Then after verifying that you are good after the update and can POST and enter the BIOS, and that you can boot normally into Windows, I'd update to version 5220. That's how I'd do it. Your mileage may vary and others may not agree with that process. I certainly wouldn't install EVERY update along the way though. Even on boards with specific update requirements, the latest BIOS versions generally eliminate the need to update to EVERY version along the way. A specific version first, yes, but not every one. That board has like 23 BIOS releases. That's ludicrous to consider updating to each of them if you are on a very old BIOS release.

Reactions: Vic 40
Solution
Jan 1, 2020

And then update to version 4602. Then after verifying that you are good after the update and can POST and enter the BIOS, and that you can boot normally into Windows, I'd update to version 5220. That's how I'd do it. Your mileage may vary and others may not agree with that process. I certainly wouldn't install EVERY update along the way though. Even on boards with specific update requirements, the latest BIOS versions generally eliminate the need to update to EVERY version along the way. A specific version first, yes, but not every one. That board has like 23 BIOS releases. That's ludicrous to consider updating to each of them if you are on a very old BIOS release.
So just updated the BIOS and it has worked! My pc runs 10x better than it used to. Thank all of you that helped very much and I hope all of you have a happy new year!

Reactions: Vic 40