[SOLVED] Are these parts compatible? 10900k, 2080 ti, etc.

Jun 7, 2020
I'm thinking about building a computer later this year and I have a somewhat decent understanding of the different specs, but I am by no means an expert, so I'd appreciate the help.

The specs might also seem weird together, so if you have any recommendations, then feel free to comment, but I mainly want to know if these parts actually work together.

The specs are:

msi mag z490 tomahawk

msi 2080 ti gaming trio x

i9 10900k

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4 3200 mhz (8x4)

Fractal Design Meshify 2

Samsung 970 EVO Plus m.2 2280, 2TB

Noctua NH-15 Cpu cooler

Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140 mm (x6, the case already has 3, so idk if the motherboard even has space for +6, as far as I can tell, it can only fit 6 in total, so I should buy +3?)

Corsair 1000 watt gold (might be a bit overkill, idk)

If it matters at all, then I'm primarily going to be gaming on this pc.

Are these specs compatible with eachother, will there be any issues with cables or something else? :)

Solution
I've seen a lot of talk about aio vs air cooling and the Noctua NH-15 seems to perform similarly to aio's.
They can compete with AIOs up to a point, and that point is ~250w of waste heat and higher, where air coolers just can't compete.

Which aio's would you recommend, because I really don't know much about coolers in general.
280mm if you're not going to overclock... it'd be nuts not to, after already shelling out $$$ for a K cpu and a Z series mobo, so skip the 280mm and go straight for 360mm.

View: https://imgur.com/YwqWtBb

That's the power tables for Intel's 10th gen cpus.
PL1, or Power Limit 1, is the power limit at the cpu's base frequency. In the case of the 10900K, that's...
Jun 7, 2020
I'll see if I can pick 3600 mhz then and I'll most likely end up with a 850W psu.

I've seen a lot of talk about aio vs air cooling and the Noctua NH-15 seems to perform similarly to aio's.
Which aio's would you recommend, because I really don't know much about coolers in general.
I've just heard some talk about aio's being more unreliable than air coolers, but idk if that's true.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
They can compete with AIOs up to a point, and that point is ~250w of waste heat and higher, where air coolers just can't compete.

280mm if you're not going to overclock... it'd be nuts not to, after already shelling out $$$ for a K cpu and a Z series mobo, so skip the 280mm and go straight for 360mm.

View: https://imgur.com/YwqWtBb

That's the power tables for Intel's 10th gen cpus.
PL1, or Power Limit 1, is the power limit at the cpu's base frequency. In the case of the 10900K, that's 3.70ghz.
PL2, is the power limit for the 10900K to hit those sweet boost frequencies, whether it's Turbo Boost 2.0, Max 3.0, or the new Thermal Velocity Boost exclusive to the 10900K.
Tau is the duration(in seconds) which the cpu can remain in PL2, after which it drops back to PL1.
Overclock, and those power limits get tossed out the window.

Solution