[SOLVED] Are these parts compatible, and can I use them in a hackintosh build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_4est_

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
I was originally going to build a Windows 7 computer, but I've always been a Mac user, and I don't like viruses... so I decided to build a Hackintosh. Anyways I would like to know if the following parts are compatible, and if they work with OSX Maverics

I have already bought these parts:

G.Skill Aegis 4 GB (1x4) Desktop Memory

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card

NZXT M59 - 001BK ATX Mid Tower Case

Antec 750W PSU

And I'm planning on buying these parts if all goes well:

Rosewill N900PCE Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n 2.4GHz 450Mbps/5GHz 450Mbps, 64/128 bit

MSI Z77A-G41 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Intel Core i3-3240 Ivy Bridge Dual-Core 3.4GHz LGA 1155 55W Desktop Processor

...also on a side note I would like to know why you need to buy a wifi card for Hackintosh's and not for windows computers

...Anyways thank you
-4est

Solution
I wouldn't personally recommend the MSI board, simply because they are a pain in the butt to setup. I recommend Gigabyte, or if not possible, Asus works as well.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/home.php

This website is a great additional resource for finding files and video guides on hackintoshing with various boards.

The problem is with wifi cards (Im assuming you mean on board) is that OSX by default only picks up a select few wifi chips. The ones placed onto boards are often mobile versions, or chips that OSX doesn't recognize at all, hence why you need a 3rd party wifi card

adumbbird13

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
I wouldn't personally recommend the MSI board, simply because they are a pain in the butt to setup. I recommend Gigabyte, or if not possible, Asus works as well.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/home.php

This website is a great additional resource for finding files and video guides on hackintoshing with various boards.

The problem is with wifi cards (Im assuming you mean on board) is that OSX by default only picks up a select few wifi chips. The ones placed onto boards are often mobile versions, or chips that OSX doesn't recognize at all, hence why you need a 3rd party wifi card

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.