[SOLVED] Are these parts compatible?

Oct 2, 2019
Hi!

I'm building a workstation and it'll be the first time I'll be making one with an AMD processor.

I'm wondering if these parts are compatible, and if so, do you recommend any specific case?
This'll be my 3rd time assembling a PC

Solution
Supported memory for Ryzen 5 3600with two modules: DDR4-3200

System has no graphics. You'll need video card.

I suggest updating BIOS via EZ Flash to latest version soon after you get it up and running.
Oct 2, 2019
Supported memory for Ryzen 5 3600with two modules: DDR4-3200

System has no graphics. You'll need video card.

I suggest updating BIOS via EZ Flash to latest version soon after you get it up and running.
Does this AMD processor not have built-in graphics the way Intel has Intel HD?

We won't be gaming or using any graphics intensive software on this computer.

Does this AMD processor not have built-in graphics the way Intel has Intel HD?

We won't be gaming or using any graphics intensive software on this computer.

Nop it doesn't, you will have to pick one of Ryzen G models - Ryzen 5 2200G, 5 2400G or the newest Ryzen 5 3200G, and 5 3400G

Or, as Calvin7 already wrote, get a low budget GPU to add to your system.

Ryzen 5 3600 have more cores and more threads and is from a new zen 2 (7nm node), while those APUs (the G models) I named are from the old zen and zen+ generation 14nm.

If you're aiming at browsing, doing some light office work, watching youtube, netflix, etc. any of the G models will do the trick. But I will suggest you pick the ones with 4 cores / 8 threads (Ryzen 5 2400G and Ryzen 5 3400G), you will be better suited for the future with those.

If you need a CPU to do some more heavy work (video rendering, photo edition, sounds, etc.) and youre on a tight budget then the Ryzen 5 3600 is the better option. And if thats the case a small investment on a low budget discret GPU is a good investment. If you need more performance down the road you could buy a Ryzen 3700X in the future.

But i will stop writing since I have no clue what you wana use the PC for.

Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS