[SOLVED] Are these PSU any good?

Apr 6, 2020
Hi i'm from Chile and my power supply died, since we're quarantined i can't go to a store and the only two that i know are shipping have most of the good not so expensive stuff out of stock if not everything out of stock, the only ones i can get are these:

Gamdias Kratos M1 550B 80 Plus Bronze : https://www.pcfactory.cl/producto/34337-gamdias-fuente-de-poder-550w-80plus-bronze

&

EVGA 600W W1 80 Plus White : https://www.spdigital.cl/products/view/33537

&

Coolermaster 500W 80 Plus White : https://www.pcfactory.cl/producto/35779-coolermaster-fuente-de-poder-500w-80plus-white

My build is as i remember i5, GTX 1650, 16 gb ram and a H81M-K asus motherboard.

Last edited:
Solution
I'd personally go with the EVGA one.

Typically the best way of figuring out which power supply to get is the Wattage (W), the Efficiency (80+ Bronze, Gold, Etc.) and the user ratings.

For example:
- Gamdias Kratos M1 550B 80 Plus Bronze = Highest efficiency rating of your choices, but reviews are hard to find.

- EVGA 600W W1 80 Plus White = Has low efficiency rating, but great user reviews.

- Cooler Master 500W 80 Plus White = Has low efficiency rating, but great user reviews.

So of your choices, The Gamdias Kratos has the best efficiency rating, but the samples for reviews are scarce, and could make it an unnecessary gamble. The EVGA has the highest wattage and the most (and best) user reviews, and would be my personal choice.

Typically the best way of figuring out which power supply to get is the Wattage (W), the Efficiency (80+ Bronze, Gold, Etc.) and the user ratings.

For example:
- Gamdias Kratos M1 550B 80 Plus Bronze = Highest efficiency rating of your choices, but reviews are hard to find.

- EVGA 600W W1 80 Plus White = Has low efficiency rating, but great user reviews.

- Cooler Master 500W 80 Plus White = Has low efficiency rating, but great user reviews.

So of your choices, The Gamdias Kratos has the best efficiency rating, but the samples for reviews are scarce, and could make it an unnecessary gamble. The EVGA has the highest wattage and the most (and best) user reviews, and would be my personal choice.

Reactions: PCUser123456
Solution
Apr 6, 2020

For example:

People say that the EVGA 600W is horrible in Reddit (r/buildapc) are they wrong? something about the +80 products being from different manufacturers and being really bad.