Hornstercorps

Honorable
Aug 1, 2017
Hello,
I want to upgrade my cpu and I want to use the ram from old pc and I don´t know if these rams are okay for Ryzen 7 3700X
My rams : Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 2x8GB 3000MHz CL15 (15-17-17-35)
Can I use these ram or I should buy a brand new with higher freq?

Thank you

Solution
Motherboard is MSI X570-a PRO. I just want to know, if my old rams are okay with Ryzen 7 3700x, or I should get a better sticks, if thats make 10 frames difference in games.
How much if any difference it could make is too general as some games can use speed or even latency in different ways but some improvement is sure. Ryzen likes faster RAM, even CPU scores improve.

RealBeast

Titan
Hello,
I want to upgrade my cpu and I want to use the ram from old pc and I don´t know if these rams are okay for Ryzen 7 3700X

Thank you
What motherboard? You can go to the motherboard manufacturer page and look up under support the memory QVL list -- that list tells you which exactly memory is compatible.

Hello,

Thank you
That CPU can use RAM over 4000MHz but your MB may not cooperate fully. 3600MHz is some optimum for Ryzen 3000.
That RAM can work on any Ryzen platform.

Motherboard is MSI X570-a PRO. I just want to know, if my old rams are okay with Ryzen 7 3700x, or I should get a better sticks, if thats make 10 frames difference in games.
How much if any difference it could make is too general as some games can use speed or even latency in different ways but some improvement is sure. Ryzen likes faster RAM, even CPU scores improve.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS