[SOLVED] Are these safe voltages & temperatures for ryzen r9 3900x ?

deathbych0c0

Commendable
Aug 20, 2017
Hi there,

I'm using XMP for my RAM modules, running at a stable 3600Mhz. Verified it through prime95 and memtest86.
After doing some reading on the AMD processor, to get to that RAM speed I had to set the infinity fabric to 1800Mhz running on 1:1 ratio.
My CPU Vcore is at 1.275V.

My primary concern is whether my values volts & temperatures (attached) are considered "safe"?
HWMonitor outputs high values in "VID0 to VID11", reaching a max of 1.5V, is this normal ?

My specs are:
CPU: Ryzen r9 3900x
CPU Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 4 (Rated for 250W TDP)
RAM: Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G36C16U4R 3600 MHz, DDR4, DRAM, Desktop Gaming Memory Kit, 16GB (8GB x2)
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 780
MOBO: Aorus x570 Elite Motherboard (Gigabyte)
PSU: Corsair 750W

Thanks for your help and input!

Hi there,

I'm using XMP for my RAM modules, running at a stable 3600Mhz. Verified it through prime95 and memtest86.
After doing some reading on the AMD processor, to get to that RAM speed I had to set the infinity fabric to 1800Mhz running on 1:1 ratio.
My CPU Vcore is at 1.275V.

My primary concern is whether my values volts & temperatures (attached) are considered "safe"?
HWMonitor outputs high values in "VID0 to VID11", reaching a max of 1.5V, is this normal ?

My specs are:
CPU: Ryzen r9 3900x
CPU Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 4 (Rated for 250W TDP)
RAM: Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G36C16U4R 3600 MHz, DDR4, DRAM, Desktop Gaming Memory Kit, 16GB (8GB x2)
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 780
MOBO: Aorus x570 Elite Motherboard (Gigabyte)
PSU: Corsair 750W

Thanks for your help and input!
Use HWinfo64 and Ryzen Master for accurate readings.

deathbych0c0

Commendable
Aug 20, 2017
Now as you can see, the VCore voltage never exceeds 1.275V as I set it in BIOS, but what troubles me is the really high spike in VID, which gets up to 1.5V. Is that something to worry about ?

Hi,

Thanks for the insight.

After checking Ryzen Master, I got a maximum peak core voltage of 1.4V (with Cinebench R15).

For HWinfo64 as you suggested, I got:
Not too bad, what are you cooling CPU with ? Spike in VID is probably only at idle, what concerns you is Core voltage under load, those at idle are not problem because of low load.

Solution

deathbych0c0

Commendable
Aug 20, 2017
Not too bad, what are you cooling CPU with ? Spike in VID is probably only at idle, what concerns you is Core voltage under load, those at idle are not problem because of low load.
Thanks for your reply. I'm using the Dark Rock Pro 4 (Rated for 250W TDP) (https://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/1378)

So from what you can tell, are these voltages "safe" i.e. I wouldn't like to decrease my CPU's life expectancy as I'm only interested in using XMP, not pushing my CPU overclock.

From what I can see, my VCORE (HWinfo64) under load is always less than 1.275V, regardless of the benchmark I run.

Also a photo from my BIOS settings:

Thanks for your reply. I'm using the Dark Rock Pro 4 (Rated for 250W TDP) (https://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/1378)

So from what you can tell, are these voltages "safe" i.e. I wouldn't like to decrease my CPU's life expectancy as I'm only interested in using XMP, not pushing my CPU overclock.

From what I can see, my VCORE (HWinfo64) under load is always less than 1.275V, regardless of the benchmark I run.

Also a photo from my BIOS settings:
You are doing good.

Reactions: deathbych0c0