[SOLVED] ARE THESE SPECS COMPATIBLE WITH EACH OTHER ? (help a newbie)

Apr 12, 2021
I am a newbie when it comes to building a PC and buying parts....and this is my first build

AMD RYZEN 5 3600
MSI GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB OCV1
MSI PRO-SERIES A320 MOBO
INTEL 660P 512gb SSD
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB HDD
2 X CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 8GB DDR4 3000MHZ RAM
CORSAIR CV 550 (550W POWER BOX)
COOLERMASTER HYPER 410R (cpu cooler)
not yet decided the case though

will there be any bottlenecks in this specs and will there be any compatibility issue with the mobo and the cpu.....the ram and the cpu?

IS the power supply enough for the whole build?

will this build last for atleast 6 years?

IF this is a good build...i would proceed to buy the parts

thanks in advance

Solution
will there be any bottlenecks in this specs
Yes. The 3600 is considerably stronger than a 1050ti, so you'll never lack for fps going to the gpu, only on fps going from gpu to monitor.
Enough is speculative. Size-wize, 550w is plenty, but the CV is 2nd from the bottom of the list when it comes to Corsair psu's. It's made for office use, not really gaming demand abuse.
Nobody knows. 6 years ago ppl were still using Windows XP quite happily and gaming on gtx970's, (stronger than a 1050ti), nowadays neither one is really sufficient. In 6 years a 1050ti might be considered no better than a GT710 is right now.

Good enough for...

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i'd go with at least a b450 board for the 3600. those real old chipsets were not made with the newere chips in mind and there can be issues. it may "work" but may have troubles with the newer spec cpu.

and ryzen likes nice fast ram. 3200 should be the slowest you go with and 3600 is about the sweetspot. you seem to be scrapping the bottom of the barre for price. if needed drop that low end ssd for now and put it into better mobo and ram. then down the line add an ssd when those funds are there.

that psu will work, but there are better units out there. it may just be that its the only thing available or best available for the budget, but i'd look for a better option if possible.

Apr 12, 2021
i'd go with at least a b450 board for the 3600. those real old chipsets were not made with the newere chips in mind and there can be issues. it may "work" but may have troubles with the newer spec cpu.

and ryzen likes nice fast ram. 3200 should be the slowest you go with and 3600 is about the sweetspot. you seem to be scrapping the bottom of the barre for price. if needed drop that low end ssd for now and put it into better mobo and ram. then down the line add an ssd when those funds are there.

that psu will work, but there are better units out there. it may just be that its the only thing available or best available for the budget, but i'd look for a better option if possible.
my budget is at 900 dollars.....and with the available stocks these are the ones available under my budget...the b450 is around 100 dollars while a320m is around 50 dollars

i guess i can reduce the cpu to a 3500...will there be any major performance difference there between the 3500 and the 3600(the threads is the difference...but performance difference when it comes to video rendering and games)

i can save up 50 dollars with the 3500 and get the b450 if it is ok

Apr 12, 2021

and by the way...is there any other spec which seems too much in this list..or a better and a cheaper alternative for the 900 dollar budget

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
where are you looking to buy from? i can skim and see what they offer at what price. i have a 3600 and a 3600x system in my house and i know what i used. plus i have built a few for others. not had any issues with any combo so far, so i know a few parts that have proven to work for me.

Apr 12, 2021
where are you looking to buy from? i can skim and see what they offer at what price. i have a 3600 and a 3600x system in my house and i know what i used. plus i have built a few for others. not had any issues with any combo so far, so i know a few parts that have proven to work for me.
I am using prices shown in amazon.in (i am from india...just converted my budget to dollars so that it would be easier)

my budget in indian currency is 70000 INR (approx 900 dollars)

I am a newbie when it comes to building a PC and buying parts....and this is my first build

AMD RYZEN 5 3600
MSI GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB OCV1
MSI PRO-SERIES A320 MOBO
INTEL 660P 512gb SSD
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB HDD
2 X CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 8GB DDR4 3000MHZ RAM
CORSAIR CV 550 (550W POWER BOX)
COOLERMASTER HYPER 410R (cpu cooler)
not yet decided the case though

will there be any bottlenecks in this specs and will there be any compatibility issue with the mobo and the cpu.....the ram and the cpu?

IF this is a good build...i would proceed to buy the parts

thanks in advance
Consider getting a 2.5 ssd samsung/west dig instead of the m.2.
That will give you a few extra bucks to move into other parts.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
will there be any bottlenecks in this specs
Yes. The 3600 is considerably stronger than a 1050ti, so you'll never lack for fps going to the gpu, only on fps going from gpu to monitor.
Enough is speculative. Size-wize, 550w is plenty, but the CV is 2nd from the bottom of the list when it comes to Corsair psu's. It's made for office use, not really gaming demand abuse.
Nobody knows. 6 years ago ppl were still using Windows XP quite happily and gaming on gtx970's, (stronger than a 1050ti), nowadays neither one is really sufficient. In 6 years a 1050ti might be considered no better than a GT710 is right now.

Good enough for today? Barely. Tomorrow maybe not. 6 years from now? Highly doubtful. Physically? Nobody can say when exactly stuff will or will not break or burn out.

Reactions: Sanchay@i3
Solution
Apr 12, 2021

Good enough for today? Barely. Tomorrow maybe not. 6 years from now? Highly doubtful. Physically? Nobody can say when exactly stuff will or will not break or burn out.
but still the performance will be better than an intel igpu or a mx230.....that's enough for me.....with the current demand...the cpus with integrated graphics cards are priced similar to the setup with a dedicated gpu....thats why I chose this...btw thanks

Apr 12, 2021
b

btw 6 years in sense....like the life of the setup....my current rig lasted for 12 years....as i am spending around 900 dollars on this setup...I just wanted to make sure it lasts for atleast 6 years

Apr 12, 2021
Consider getting a 2.5 ssd samsung/west dig instead of the m.2.
That will give you a few extra bucks to move into other parts.
currently by budget is 900 dollars and with the current rising prices those ssds are costing around 150 dollars in india(660p only costs 50 dollars)....and i also currently use a 660p in my laptop...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Oof, that was back in the days of lga1156, or maybe lga775 or Phenom. Lol that pc didn't last 12 years, it lasted just fine for about 8 years and you've been dragging it kicking and screaming for the last 4 years or so. Definitely got your money's worth for sure.

Physically there shouldn't be an issue, I'm sitting here looking at an i7-3770K that still works just fine, the msi motherboard is what went out finally, leaking caps trashed the super i/o so even add-in cards can't get me internet. So 6 years shouldn't be a problem there.

But the life cycle of a pc is very rarely ever a physical thing, generally it's determined by software. While running simultaneously, there's programs that the Phenom II can't run that the FX can, missing some instruction sets. Just as the 1st gen Intels and prior will definitely start having issues as they don't have AVX instructions sets, which are starting to get prevalent in today's games for particle analysis and vector calculations for all the fancy flying debris from explosions etc.

Same as any game built for Win98 or even WinXP 32bit and using DX9 requires downloading the DX9c APK since it's so antiquated it's no longer supported in any x64 OS. There's simply no telling if even NTFS will survive for Windows 11.

Reactions: mkaafy