Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCalenhad

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
I have gotten a new laptop and the specs are as followed:

Alienware m17x r4

Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor
(6MB Cache | 3.40GHz Turbo Mode / 2.40GHz non turbo mode)
16GB RAM at 1600MHz
750GB SATA Hard Drive
17.3" hd 1080p screen
2 GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M
Slot Loading Blu-Ray Reader
Bluetooth
Killer Wireless-N 1103 a/g/n 3x3 MIMO
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

i want to know if this will hold out in the gaming industry for the next few years or if i need to get a new laptop im hoping to atleast game on high and if i can ultra i have plans to upgrade the hard drive to the new WD Black2 Dual Drive 2.5" 120 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD i am up for suggestions aswell

FunkyFeatures

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
Next few years? no. my laptop with gtx 670m is playing most games on medium-high with everything from 30 to 60 fps.
It will be good for now, but dont expect it to be great much longer than 1-2 years.
(I have had mine for about 1 year now)
If you want "future proof" you would want to build your own pc, or get a prebuilt one.

KingCalenhad

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014

okay yah my problem is im always on the run and i need something portable if i were to get a new laptop is there anything that would fit my needs?

FunkyFeatures

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
For casual gaming with no needs for high graphics, i would pick a "cheaper" notebook, and then build my own desktop.
You say you are always on the run. If you are near a charger, a high end laptop would be good, but not with ultra graphics and so on.
If not plugged into a charger, it would switch to intel graphics. Then the point of dedicated gpu would be killed

We need to know. Are you near a charger all the time "on the run"?

Status
Not open for further replies.