Are these specs good for high graphics in FSX?

Jakesters767

Distinguished
May 18, 2009
Are these specs good for high graphics in FSX?
SPECS(HP Dv4)
-4GB RAM
-AMD Turion X2 RM-72 Dual-Core Mobile Processor
-2.10 GH
-250GB Hard-Drive
-ATI Radeon HD 3200

If this isn't enough can you tell what to upgrade?

4745454b

Titan
Actually that looks like he wants to run it on a laptop. I would not try running FSX on a laptop. The CPU is to slow, the GPU is a dog, the harddrive isn't fast enough, etc. Get a desktop, quad core, and a good GPU. (with 4GBs of ram) Thats the only way to truly enjoy that game.

edeawillrule

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008

I know it's a laptop I have a dv5t as my secondary pc lol.

thepilofanboy2009

Distinguished
May 20, 2009

well if you are talking about FSX game and you want to build a system for less money,you don't need to waste your money,I builded my system for just only and I said just only for FSX because if you can run FSX in this system that it is mean you can run any game without no problems,I run FEAR on my system with not problem on max ,well the system I have is: a 54.99$ XFX nFORCE 630i 7100 nVIDIA GEFORCE onboard graphics motherboard with 512mb and a 2gb DDR2 memo ram pc533 and a intel pentium dual core E2200 2.20ghz cpu for 64.99$ a segabate barac. 250gbn hard drive for 49.99$ from tiger direct a comp. case with 3 fans and my system don't get hot with this case and I play FSX on max,so my plaines take off from any airport with not problems,even from the clear water of west coast or east coast my seaplane take off with not problem I had have been using this system from 1year and 5 month with not problems,you can see very clear a lot of kind of boat,and you also can see the cars moving so fast on the gorund with not problems,so if you want to upgrade a comp.for FSX don't waste your money on a super comp. you don't really need waste your money just for have fun flying airplanes in FSX so buenasuerte,oh also you can run FS9 with not problems too

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

You forgot to advise the op not to buy parts suggested by thepilofanboy.... ;)

4745454b

Titan
Wasn't that implied? Actually the motherboard might not be a bad buy, oh Jesus, a 630i? WTF!? FSX is a very demanding game. A lowend dual core with onboard video and only 2GBs of ram isn't going to play it very well. Double whatever he gave you, add in at least a 4850 and now your talking.

thepilofanboy2009

Distinguished
May 20, 2009

well I'm using a regular monitor which is a 19 inch samsung lcd,and yes I fly my FSX software with not problems on ultra high or max,believe my mobo work very fine,my onboard grapfic card just have 512mb and I overclocked this mobo with just 2gb or ram ddr2 667mhz,and you can see the grapf real clear

edeawillrule

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008

Software rendering is not in the nerd dictionary anymore! lol

19" monitor doesnt mean much if you are running it at 800x600. Either you are running it at super low res or you are delusional about how high you have the quality set.

The HD 3200 will let you go farther than the 7100 but being a laptop you always have to sacrifice a bit on the graphics, unless you really want your laptop GPU making tea for you while you play.

4745454b

Titan
Or burning your nu7$ off..

If you want me to believe you fanboy, provide a single link from a reputable place that shows a low end dual core with onboard video playing FSX at 16x10 with the settings maxed and the frame rate at 30+. I've seen quads with the 9800GTX hit this, but not dual cores and onboard.

Edit: For any noob who thinks I'm talking out my @$$, here is a review of FSX. Notice the hardware they list on page 2. Notice how they talk about having the settings set "fairly low", they get (on average) 14FPS. There is no way you can max FSX with onboard video.

Edit 2: Stupid me, forgot the link.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/microsoftflightsimulatorx/review.html?page=2

G

Hey i have 2 pc's but I can run fsx on high on the laptop the specs are-amd athlon X2 1.8ghz and a integraded ati with 128mb vram but it gets like 6 fps-25fps,