are these temperature high for assassins creed origins?

roudy-s

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017
hello best guys i want to know if these temperature are good for my pc i have a gtx 970 and an i7 880 cpu not overclocked both and i am playing assassins creed origins on very high settings for about 2 hours and i was monitoring my temperature using hwmonitor and i see that the cpu temperature has gone to a max temperature of 60 degree C and 58 degree on some cores and the gtx 970 has gone to a 69 degree C so are these temperature good or no for me are they high or normal and thank you.
i have replaced my thermal paste from 1 week ago and put back the cpu cooler and tight it so much i have used a small pliers to tightening the nuts that hold the cooler to the board i wanted to tighten them so hard so that the cooler will be direct contact with cpu

ghettogamer

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
That game is notorious for using 100% cpu utilization most or all of the time due to the double layer of drm ubisoft implemented , (primary reason why i never bought the game), not too healthy for ur rig, I wouldnt play it for more than 2 hours straight w/o rest in between.

while game is annoying, temps are perfect. No worries, enjoy the game, don't worry.

I have to call this out as BS. whilst there might be DRM, those temps are safe for 24x7, i'd say that 10C higher on both would also be perfectly fine.

ghettogamer

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017

maybe if you were running a server then 100% usage is fine, but for a gaming pc this would either tell me its time to upgrade or that this is a bad pc port, w/o a decent aftermarket cooler 100% cpu usage all the time , ur temps would slowly creep up , resulting in crashes or frame drops, wear and tear & personal preference really ..

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable

Okay you are making even less sense now than before.

Temps are not going to "slowly" creep up 12C unless his cooler stops working or his ambient temps go up drastically. Second, he'd have to be some kind of madman to play AC : Origins 24/7

It's also safe to assume that no crashes, frame drops, or wear and tear will occur at less than Tcase.

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
OK to address the tightening of the cooler. You do NOT want to tighten it that much, that could potentially damage the CPU, especially with the thinner architectures out now. Improper cooler mounting, in any way, will lead to higher temps.

Rule of thumb: Finger tight, one more quarter turn after that. Always in a cross pattern. NEVER tighten as much as possible with tools.

roudy-s

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017
Thank you guys for your help and man should i remove the heatsink and put thermal paste ahain and tighten the nuts with my hands as u said to use my hand to tighten them so no need for anything else and thank you
And one more thing how much should i tighten the cooler

As in your other thread leave your hsf alone.

roudy-s

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017
Thank you but man i am afraid that this would damage my cpu or motherboard if i loose it and install it again using my hand isnt that better? I am so afraid thar this will damage my cpu and i have bought my cpu from around 1 month i dont want ro samage it or the mobo

No further comment.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from roudy-s : "are these temperature good for assassins creed origins?"