[SOLVED] Are these temperatures normal?

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Hello, yesterday i mounted my new PC and i am getting really weird temperatures.
For example on idle it oscillates between 49-60ºC but if i open chrome or i go on a discord call the cpu even spiked to 75ºC and sometimes it spikes to 70ºC Randomly.

The thing is, i have upgraded the case to a lian li o11d XL and i have 1 fan at the rear as exhaust, three fans on the side as exhaust and three fans at the bottom as intake.

I previously had a Corsair h100i Platinum RGB but i changed it to a corsair h150i elite capellix and it's sitting on the top with the three fans as intake.

The side and bottom fans are all corsair QL120 fans.

My CPU is a ryzen 9 3900X sitting on a ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming and my gpu is a Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse.

¿What could be the problem here? Thank you in advance

PD: My PSU is a corsair RM1000x 80 plus gold
PD2: The AIO fans are not intake, they're exhaust. I confused it
PD3: The thermal paste i used is the one that is pre applied from the AIO

Last edited:
Solution
Well problem solved, the thermal paste that was pre applied on the AIO was not enough, now my temps don't exceed 81ºC while running cinebench R23 with the default profile (auto overclocking itself i guess)
If your temps are jumping that high out of the gate I would look at your new aio cooler. Make sure it is flush against your cpu and thermal paste is in place. Check the in out tubes of the cooler from the pump. What are the temps, is one warm and one cool, are they both cool, or is one warm and the other cool.?

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
If your temps are jumping that high out of the gate I would look at your new aio cooler. Make sure it is flush against your cpu and thermal paste is in place. Check the in out tubes of the cooler from the pump. What are the temps, is one warm and one cool, are they both cool, or is one warm and the other cool.?
Well, the AIO is well locked onto the cpu (it doesn't move not even a little) and about the tubes i will check it later. The only thing is that i used the pre-applied thermal paste that came on the AIO. ¿Should i change it? I Will add that extra info to the post

Well, the AIO is well locked onto the cpu (it doesn't move not even a little) and about the tubes i will check it later. The only thing is that i used the pre-applied thermal paste that came on the AIO. ¿Should i change it? I Will add that extra info to the post
I really dont think the thermal paste is the problem, using an upgraded thermal paste is for lowering the temps by a few degrees only. Check your tubes for temps let me know.

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
The tube coming from the radiator to the cpu should be cooler than the return tube from the cpu to the radiator.
Well, i can't really tell which one is which but a thing to keep in mind is that the gpu is running at 75-80ºC and my bet is that it's making them warm
Edit, i will leave a link with a picture of how i have it, for some reason it doesn't let me put it here Link to image

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Well problem solved, the thermal paste that was pre applied on the AIO was not enough, now my temps don't exceed 81ºC while running cinebench R23 with the default profile (auto overclocking itself i guess)

Solution
Jul 26, 2021
the fans on the H100i should have arrows on them to say what direction the airflow is going. But they r very hard to see. look for what looks like a ⛛ all the corsair fans have it on them it will be on the frame of the fan somewhere. Corsair does recomend u have them as intake not exhaust though on the icue H100i elite capellix that ive got. Ive got mine as intake and my temps with the Ryzen 9 3900XT dont go over 50c even under high load. idle its 35c. but even with the stock AMD wraith the temps only go a couple of degrees hotter. with my old ryzen 9 3900x with the wraith prism that came with it temps still only got to 52c under stress tests. 50c with the H100i. and 3900XT.

a faulty MB could cause the temps to go up as well. with my old asus prime B350 plus temps were averageing 40C on all parts. when i put in an asrock x570 phantom 4 all temps hit 95c at idle. swapped it out for an MSI x570 MPG gaming edge and temps dropped back to 35c again.
It does depend on the airflow in the case though. smaller cases tend to have lower airflow than full sized towers.

Its also a lot better if u have the radiotor at the top of the case and higher than the CPU so air bubbles dont rise into the CPU cap. They cant get all of the air out of the sytem when they make them and that air will form bubbles and rise to the highest point in the system. if thats the CPU cap it will stop water getting to it causing the CPU to overheat. so its beter for it to go to the radiator instead.