Are these temperatures ok?

rucanunes

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and not a gamer (just as ASUS FAN).

Could you please tell me if these temperatures are ok after a stress test?

Onlly 8GB of RAM because my 16GB pack had a problem and i'm waiting for the new ones.

Solution
What was your Ambient temperature? (Standard or "normal" is 22°C or 72°F.)

What test(s) were you running?

What cooling are you running?

Maximum Core temperature was 71°C (Core #1) with all Cores at 4.5 GHz / 1.280 Core voltage / 61 Watts. The i7 7700K is a 91 Watt processor, so that means you were only running at 67% Thermal Design Power (TDP) which is just 67% or 2/3 workload.

Here's the operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures above 85°C aren't recommended.

Core temperatures increase and decrease with Ambient temperature.

Although 71°C is certainly OK for now, without knowing your ambient temperature or cooling solution, we can still predict that if you ran a...

CompuTronix

Intel Master
What was your Ambient temperature? (Standard or "normal" is 22°C or 72°F.)

What test(s) were you running?

What cooling are you running?

Maximum Core temperature was 71°C (Core #1) with all Cores at 4.5 GHz / 1.280 Core voltage / 61 Watts. The i7 7700K is a 91 Watt processor, so that means you were only running at 67% Thermal Design Power (TDP) which is just 67% or 2/3 workload.

Here's the operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures above 85°C aren't recommended.

Core temperatures increase and decrease with Ambient temperature.

Although 71°C is certainly OK for now, without knowing your ambient temperature or cooling solution, we can still predict that if you ran a 100% workload, especially during higher ambient temperatures, you probably wouldn't have enough cooling capacity to maintain Core temperatures under 85°C.

You might want to read this: Intel Temperature Guide - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html

CT :sol:

Solution

rucanunes

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Thank you for your reply.

Ambient temperature was about 20c and I was running the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility.
Cooling system is the Cooler Master Seidon 120v V3 Plus.

I would like very much to improve these temperatures with the help of all of you.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Sorry to pop your bubble, but AIO 120's aren't very capable coolers for the 7700K, or any i7's for that matter. If your case won't accomodate a 240 or more, then you're better off with big-air, unless your case won't accomodate that either. Also, it's worth mentioning that big-air is typically quieter than AIO's.