Are these temps correct?

enterprise89

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
I am running a stock q6600 G0 with a Xigmatek HDT-S1283, and my hottest core is currently running at 37 degrees Celsius while the coolest is running at 33 degrees Celsius. I am using CPUID Hardware Monitor and these temperatures are listed as the minimums. My ambient temperature is about 26.1 degrees Celsius. Also, I have the fan control set to Smartfan in the xfx 780i bios. I did try using 100%, but it did not seem to make a huge difference. I've been reading and seeing all different kinds of temperatures with this processor and heatsink. Do I need to do anything before overclocking or am I OK?

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007
Idle temps are one thing, but load temps are more important. Grab Prime95 and run small FFT's for about an hour or so. This temp should be well under 65C before doing any OCing.

enterprise89

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
I checked out the guide, and it is very informative. However, it does not answer my question. With my cooler, are my temps in the right ball park. I need to know if my heatsink installation is correct and the same with my application of thermal paste.