Are these temps high? Dell Precision Tower T5810

polis_putrus

Prominent
Apr 24, 2018
CPU - E5-1620 V3 3.5GHz:
IDLE: 70°F - 80°F - 90°F
LOAD: (Fortnite) 140°F-165°F (when playing GTAV, rarely, it runs solid 160°F - 170°F)
Both of these website state, 140°F is the max operating temp Intel Cpu-World

GPU - K2200 4GB:
IDLE: 90°F - 100°F
LOAD: (Fortnite) 150°F - 160°F (GTAV 160°F - 176°F)
What worries me is that this website states the max operating temp is 131°F

All fans work fine, the computer is in my garage, which is really cold, even with high temps, even with high temps, framerate remains the same. Fortnite and GTAV are limited to 60fps, this worries me, since if I were to unlimit frames the temps would probably go much higher, but I dont, no overclocks at all. Are these temps ok? Thanks

Solution

Usually, fans on the back of the case would exhaust air from inside the computer out; rather than to be used as an intake. Would probably help a great deal with thermals if it supports a decent sized fan at the back.

v12vantage

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011

Usually, fans on the back of the case would exhaust air from inside the computer out; rather than to be used as an intake. Would probably help a great deal with thermals if it supports a decent sized fan at the back.

Solution

polis_putrus

Prominent
Apr 24, 2018
Wow Im stupid, I actually didnt think about an exhaust fan, Ill purchase a motherboard fan and put it on the back pushing air out, also when I put my hand on the back of the computer I can feel a lot of heat just sitting there, I think putting an exhaust fan on the back will help a lot to get the heat moving out, I think that was the problem, the heat was just sitting there causing the parts to heat, thanks a lot, I will purchase some fans soon :D