Are these temps normal for an 2600x?

jaaprikm

Prominent
Nov 12, 2018
Hello! :)

So I have been using the AMD ryzen 2600x with the stock cooler for quite a while now. But im not sure if these temps are good for my cpu.

Idle/browsing: between 48 and 55 Celcius

Gaming (in this case fortnite): around 67 Celcius

My GPU is a GTX 1070.

I think Ryzen tends to get quite high in general. But is this still healthy for my precious cpu :)

Thanks!

Solution
I'll agree that it is too high. Ambient room temp doesn't justify it. Poor airflow (can be case or fan related) or bad contact between cooler and CPU are the most likely reasons. If you've had the build for a while, I'd suggest getting the dust out of the cooler if there is any as that is also a huge factor in some cases.

jaaprikm

Prominent
Nov 12, 2018
Yes, I also think it's pretty darn high, I have 4 case fans in my build. Im also thinking about buying the cooler master liquidmaster 120 lite. But only if these temps are unhealthy for my cpu.

Btw thanks for your quick answers!

I'll agree that it is too high. Ambient room temp doesn't justify it. Poor airflow (can be case or fan related) or bad contact between cooler and CPU are the most likely reasons. If you've had the build for a while, I'd suggest getting the dust out of the cooler if there is any as that is also a huge factor in some cases.

Solution