[SOLVED] Are these temps normal with NZXT x52?

Mar 24, 2020
Hi i just bought a ryzen 5 3600 and a NZXT X52 AIO however im unsure if these temps are actually that good because im getting around 40C at idle (my room temp is 24C) and at load it gets to 70. usually jumps to 60C when i open chrome> How can i solve this and should i be worried

Solution
But won't that reduce its life?? And how can I fix it

Technically speaking any amount of heat reduces a CPU's life span. But the temperatures you're running it at aren't going to damage it or reduce its life span in any significant capacity and those temperatures are about what everyone else gets with that processor give or take a bit.

The stuff I described with sporadic temperatures and high voltage also shouldn't hurt your processor either. I'd be very surprised if your CPU doesn't make it past the 10 year mark or beyond so you shouldn't have to worry about it dying on you.

And if it does die on you, it will very likely only be LONG after its completely obsolete. I'm talking in the 10+ year range. At that point in...

Furzumz

Reputable
Max operating temp for that processor is 95C. 70C under load sounds normal and is perfectly acceptable. I'd only be concerned if you start hitting into the mid to high 80's

The thing with these ryzen chips is some of them have their voltage set high by default. Thus opening a program (in this case, Chrome) can cause a sudden jolt in CPU temperature. My ryzen 9 3900x does this all the time and there's been a lot of other people online with similar experiences.

It's also not uncommon for some Ryzen processors to be very sporadic with their temperatures. Sitting idle my ryzen processor likes to jump around like a kid hopped up on caffeine but at the end of the day as long as your max temperatures look fine you should be good. 70c is perfectly safe for that processor

Mar 24, 2020
Max operating temp for that processor is 95C. 70C under load sounds normal and is perfectly acceptable. I'd only be concerned if you start hitting into the mid to high 80's

The thing with these ryzen chips is some of them have their voltage set high by default. Thus opening a program (in this case, Chrome) can cause a sudden jolt in CPU temperature. My ryzen 9 3900x does this all the time and there's been a lot of other people online with similar experiences.

It's also not uncommon for some Ryzen processors to be very sporadic with their temperatures. Sitting idle my ryzen processor likes to jump around like a kid hopped up on caffeine but at the end of the day as long as your max temperatures look fine you should be good. 70c is perfectly safe for that processor

Furzumz

Reputable

Technically speaking any amount of heat reduces a CPU's life span. But the temperatures you're running it at aren't going to damage it or reduce its life span in any significant capacity and those temperatures are about what everyone else gets with that processor give or take a bit.

The stuff I described with sporadic temperatures and high voltage also shouldn't hurt your processor either. I'd be very surprised if your CPU doesn't make it past the 10 year mark or beyond so you shouldn't have to worry about it dying on you.

And if it does die on you, it will very likely only be LONG after its completely obsolete. I'm talking in the 10+ year range. At that point in time you could probably pick up a new 3600 for like ~$30

But if you're still worried ( I don't feel like you should be) the only real way to get better temperatures is to get a even better cooler but I'd say your current one is doing a good job considering its only ~70c under load.

Some people have tried lowering their voltage slightly which gave them slightly better temperatures but that can come at the cost of performance so I wouldn't recommend it.

If your case has more spots for case fans that could possibly help out a little too. Keeping your computer clean of dust by blowing it out with some compressed air every 2 or 3 months could also help.

But as I said I think your temperatures are perfectly safe, really.

Last edited:
Solution
Jun 24, 2020
Hi i just bought a ryzen 5 3600 and a NZXT X52 AIO however im unsure if these temps are actually that good because im getting around 40C at idle (my room temp is 24C) and at load it gets to 70. usually jumps to 60C when i open chrome> How can i solve this and should i be worried
Temperature is quite normal and there is nothing to worry about. and ya for chrome i have the same issue. when i start chrome temp jumps to 75C. till now what i do is "open task manager ALT+CTRL+DEL and you will find somethng under (Device application framework provider host) one of the chrome icon... which is using the CPU 50 to 60% and cpu power usage is very high... just click on that icon and end task....and the temprature jumps to 50 or 45 C again .....thats all...