Question Are these temps normal with this CPU cooler?

Apr 28, 2019
Hey guys, so...
I just got the Pure Rock 150W TDP CPU cooler for my i7700k.
The cpu is running at stock clock speed (4.2ghz) and it's default voltage, yet I hit a temp of 70 degrees in heavy games,
especially in Sea of Thieves, which is a game I play a lot. With Intel Turbo Boost off I can manage to get it down to 65 degrees celcius...
Should I be concerned? I mean... This cooler is performing almost exactly the same as my former Hyper TX3 Evo Cooler... Any advice?

Here are my full specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7700k
CPU Cooler: Pure Rock 150W TDP
GPU: MSI RX 570 8 GB OC (Connected to 144hz 1ms Freesync Monitor)
RAM: 2x8 GB Corsair DDR4 RAM 2133mhz
MOBO: MSI B250M Gaming Pro
PSU: 500W EVGA White

Apr 28, 2019
80+ is bad, 70's and 60's are fine you should be good.
Glad to hear that!

I also gave my PC a cleaning today, so now I'm down to 35 C on idle and 55-60 while gaming :D YAY! Still with Turbo Boost off though...
But I honestly don't feel much of a difference between having it on or off when it comes to performance...
I also removed the tray in the way at the top of my Silencio 352 Case, allowing the top front fan to provide much better airflow, and did some cable management, making sure no cables were directly in front of the fans disrupting the airflow... I also decided to pass by BIOS and create custom fan speeds, making sure I have more intake in the front and a little less out take on the back to let air circulate inside, before it gets pulled back out. And boom, looks like it payed off! :D

TRENDING THREADS