Are these temps of considering?

Alan11985

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2016
I have an i7 7700k that has been delidded by overclockers UK and then had the thermal material changed from intel rubbish standard stuff. The cpu is overclocked to 5ghz.
SPECS
I7 7700k
Asus strix z270i motherboard
2 sticks of hyperX 2133mhz ram
240mm radiator on a hard tubing custom loop
2 corsair hd120 fans in case on radiator
case is a Lian Li PC Q37
PSU Corsair sf600
Graphics card- Gigabyte gtx 1060 soon to be replaced with 1080
Thermal paste - Thermal grizzly conductanaut- Applied several times and always get exact same temps
Water block is an EKWB Asus z270i water block that covers the whole board.

Temps in HW monitor
CPU package = max 84 but hovers around 80-81
CPU - Max 81

These temps are while running non avx Prime 95 -In place Large ftts on 8 torture tests.

The fans and pump are on about 50 percent

I set the voltage to manual for cpu in bios to 1.34 but it shows as max voltage 1.36 in hw monitor so if someone could explain that to me as well.

Can you tell me if these temps are ok considering the case, loop, fan speeds, and that the cpu has been de lidded and then the lid put back on with better quality material.

Solution
Yeah those temps are perfectly fine for a stress test, nothing to worry about. My 7700k not delidded with a hyper 212 evo will hit those temps at stock in prime95 with no AVX though I always use small FFT's which I would recommend you do as well, large FFTs tests the IMC and memory more than the cpu I believe. Which cpu voltage are you looking at in hwmonitor? CPU VID I would expect to be a bit higher than what you set, CPU VCORE should be a bit lower than what you set because of VDROOP unless you have a high level of LLC (Load line calibration) set.

Have you tried anything lower than 1.34v VCORE?

And its kind of sad to see a system like that with 2133mhz memory, I would look into overclocking that as well.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah those temps are perfectly fine for a stress test, nothing to worry about. My 7700k not delidded with a hyper 212 evo will hit those temps at stock in prime95 with no AVX though I always use small FFT's which I would recommend you do as well, large FFTs tests the IMC and memory more than the cpu I believe. Which cpu voltage are you looking at in hwmonitor? CPU VID I would expect to be a bit higher than what you set, CPU VCORE should be a bit lower than what you set because of VDROOP unless you have a high level of LLC (Load line calibration) set.

Have you tried anything lower than 1.34v VCORE?

And its kind of sad to see a system like that with 2133mhz memory, I would look into overclocking that as well.

Solution

Alan11985

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2016

The voltage I am reading is the CPU VCORE the CPU VID voltage is 1.282.
The ram is overclocked but I just didn't mention it to 3000mhz
Any voltage below 1.34 causes a BSOD within minutes saying system service exeption.