Are these temps ok for ultrabook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikou67

Commendable
Jun 3, 2016
So while Im playing games on my zenbook 303ub it reaches 90 at full load (i5 6200u 940m). Is this bad? I want my laptop to last a couple of more years and I was thinking to build a gaming pc (had to sell my previous one for college) so it doesn't wear beacause of temperature. Any experience with heat damage to cpu? I already undervolted the cpu and limited its top clock speed but its still very warm.

Solution
While it is high, if you are doing a lot, it isn't shocking on a laptop. Especially when gaming. High temps will wear on a device, to be sure, so I would do my best to lower them. Keep it cleaned out and dust/debris free. Keep the vents unblocked. If need be, replace the thermal paste. You may also want to try a cooling pad or fans to add to the air flow, to keep it cooled down.

All that should help. Plus, don't leave it on 24/7. Sleep and hibernate are good an all, but down time/off time is better.
While it is high, if you are doing a lot, it isn't shocking on a laptop. Especially when gaming. High temps will wear on a device, to be sure, so I would do my best to lower them. Keep it cleaned out and dust/debris free. Keep the vents unblocked. If need be, replace the thermal paste. You may also want to try a cooling pad or fans to add to the air flow, to keep it cooled down.

All that should help. Plus, don't leave it on 24/7. Sleep and hibernate are good an all, but down time/off time is better.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.