Question Are these temps okay? If no, how can i change my cooler?

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Hello guys. I have recently bought a new pc case that has a lot of cooling (in my point of view) and it indeed helped the temps. The case is Nfortec Krater.
The scenario is the following
Chassis: Nfortec Krater
Old chassis: Nox Coolbay SX
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 (3.9GHz)
Cooler: Nox Hummer H-214
MOBO: Asrock AB350m Pro4
Testing tool: CineBench R20

So, i have tested with my old case and i got temps of 50ºC Idle and max 90ºC under load with the old case. With the new case i have temperatures of idle 40ºC and under load 80ºC (max)

I have the CPU overclocked at 3.9 GHz with a v-core of 1.35v

My question is, are these temps okay? I would say no, considering that i can't go any further than 3.9GHz, otherwise the PC crashes and it overheats (with the old chassis, haven't tested with the new chassis yet).

In case these temps are not, and i have to apply more thermal goo, i applied it in a way that i just put a drop in the middle of the CPU and i put the cooler on top of it, squishing it.

If i have to change my thermal goo, i have to remove the cooler obviously, but i don't know how since it's using some "grips", i don't know how that's called, and i have to make a lot of force to remove it bui just cant remove it because i fear i will break something :/

Anyways, thanks in advance guys

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
You might want to turn down the volts on your overclock just for the sake of longevity. In fact you shouldn't be above 1.25v

What are the ambient temps in your region?
I live in Spain (mallorca) Right now my local temps are around 29-34ºC or so. And would it still work if i put the r5 on 1.25 at 3.9? When would you recommend increasing the v-core?