Question Are these temps safe for a Radeon RX 580?

Aug 29, 2021
Hello, recently I switched to the default settings in my radeon wattman, since I don't know much about overclocking. I was wondering if these temps are anything to worry about. Underload, it seems to be around 80-85C most of the time(at least from what I seen.), and when idle, 46C average, occasionally shooting up to the low 50s though. From what radeon wattman tells me, its gpu temp cap is 85. Should I be worried?

Sapphire Pulse radeon rx 580, assuming I understood the question
Hmmm.. I would say that's abnormally high for that card. I have the Pulse RX 570 and it stays below 70C under gaming load.

I have used Wattman here and there, but not a lot. I found the fan controls to be... difficult and/or ineffective to my personal preferences. I recommend uninstalling Wattman and using MSI Afterburner and enable the custom fan curve (with default curve settings). Do that and see what your temps are under load.

Aug 29, 2021
Hmmm.. I would say that's abnormally high for that card. I have the Pulse RX 570 and it stays below 70C under gaming load.

I have used Wattman here and there, but not a lot. I found the fan controls to be... difficult and/or ineffective to my personal preferences. I recommend uninstalling Wattman and using MSI Afterburner and enable the custom fan curve (with default curve settings). Do that and see what your temps are under load.
I tried deleting radeon software, only to realize my drivers were uninstalled. I might have to try doing this tomorrow, if that is fine.

Aug 29, 2021

alright, downloaded it and I seem to get to the high 60's, usually 67. However, the temp still increases, just slowly. Highest I seen so far is 73.

carocuore

Upstanding
Jan 24, 2021
alright, downloaded it and I seem to get to the high 60's, usually 67. However, the temp still increases, just slowly. Highest I seen so far is 73.
That's better.

You should try undervolting if you want lower temps without a noisy fan. If something crashes the Radeon software will reset to defaults upon restarting the computer.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts