Question Are these temps safe for long gameplays?

Floydsound

Distinguished
May 29, 2015
Hi, everyone! I've been playing Diablo 4 and, since it's common for me to have long sessions of daily gameplay (approximately 3h), I wanted to make sure that these temperatures are safe for this kind of routine:

View: https://imgur.com/a/44lKRbP

This is my system:
- Ryzen 7 5800X3D
- Asus TUF Gaming RTX 3080 V2 OC 10 GB GDDR6X
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16) DDR4 3600 MHz
- MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
- WD Black SN850X 2TB
- Corsair TX750M
- Windows 10 Pro x64

As you can see, it was a 3h12min session. Is it the average temperature that matters, and I can ignore the peaks in this case?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
GPU temps look fine to me.

Is it the average temperature that matters, and I can ignore the peaks in this case?

Not quite.

For example;
IF your GPU average temps would be 80C but it has 5 second peak to 100C, then GPU would burn up, despite the average temp being normal.

Btw, GPU VRAM normal temp is 80-95C and yours is also normal. 110C and up would be bad for VRAM. While 120C will burn the VRAM.

Also, GPUs today come with built-in features, where when it gets too hot, it will downclock itself automatically. This results in drop of frequency and performance loss but on the flip side, keeps your GPU from burning up.

Reactions: Floydsound

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
Not ideal but you look to be in the clear. Since it's not in English ill assume you're referring to the memory.

Just keep an eye on it and as long as it doesn't go up in the next couple months you should be fine.

Those temps all appear to be within spec and, as you say, you were gaming for over 3 hours.

If anything gets too hot, your PC would start thermal throttling and would shut down before thermal damage could occur.

I don't see anything that should cause alarm.

Floydsound

Distinguished
May 29, 2015
GPU temps look fine to me.

Not quite.

For example;
IF your GPU average temps would be 80C but it has 5 second peak to 100C, then GPU would burn up, despite the average temp being normal.

Btw, GPU VRAM normal temp is 80-95C and yours is also normal. 110C and up would be bad for VRAM. While 120C will burn the VRAM.

Also, GPUs today come with built-in features, where when it gets too hot, it will downclock itself automatically. This results in drop of frequency and performance loss but on the flip side, keeps your GPU from burning up.

Not ideal but you look to be in the clear. Since it's not in English ill assume you're referring to the memory.

Just keep an eye on it and as long as it doesn't go up in the next couple months you should be fine.

Those temps all appear to be within spec and, as you say, you were gaming for over 3 hours.

If anything gets too hot, your PC would start thermal throttling and would shut down before thermal damage could occur.

I don't see anything that should cause alarm.
Thanks a lot for the clarifications, guys! Nothing to be alarmed, then :)

Reactions: Avro Arrow