[SOLVED] Are these the best components for this build, regarding efficiency?

FioGermi

Reputable
Feb 20, 2019
I'm trying to build this PC, but I would like to know the brands or specs for it to run the better. It's gonna be my first PC and I don't know that much about brands or RAM speeds and those stuff. Hope you could help me a little with it (I already have the CPU, got it yesterday from Amazon).

-Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 Ghz 6 Core ✔
-ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4
-Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x8gb DDR4-3000
-SanDisk ULTRA 3D 500gb 2.5” SSD
-Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8 GB
-Phanteks Eclipse P300 ATX Mid Tower
-EVGA SuperNova G3 550 W 80+ Gold Modular.

Thank you!

Solution
If Nvidia releases a GTX 1660 and/or 1650 soon that could push prices lower. But I don't think those cards are even confirmed yet, let alone have a release date. So it's really hard to say. If you want a card now, I'd say it's as good a time as any.

Edit: looks like I wasn't up to date with my info, looks like the 1660 Ti has just been released and performs on par with a 1070. Not sure at what point the 1650 is expected to come out. The 1660 Ti does cost a fair bit more than an RX 580 or GTX 1060, so I'm not sure how much effect it'd have on those prices though.

FioGermi

Reputable
Feb 20, 2019
The asus model is no better, just because it's asus doesn't always mean it's better. One thing I like about them is their bios are really good, other than that you usually pay a big premium for the brand.
I've been reading very good things about the ASRock one, I think I'm going for that one. How about the RX 580, is Gigabyte good? Or the best Ram for this CPU?

Thank you for your help.

FioGermi

Reputable
Feb 20, 2019
The gigybyte model should be good. You can watch some reviews on them
For the RX 580 I have two options right now:

• Gigabyte Core Clock 1355 MHz (OC Mode) / 1340 MHz (Gaming Mode)
  • Sapphire Boost Clock 1430 MHz

What does this mean, is it that a big difference? Is it worth it to spend a little more because of that?

Thank you for your help.

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
For the RX 580 I have two options right now:

• Gigabyte Core Clock 1355 MHz (OC Mode) / 1340 MHz (Gaming Mode)
  • Sapphire Boost Clock 1430 MHz
What does this mean, is it that a big difference? Is it worth it to spend a little more because of that?

Thank you for your help.

By overclocking your graphic card you can get better performance for free

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
What exact model of Gigabyte and Sapphire 580s? There isn't typically much performance difference between different models/brands of the same card, typically just the cooler. So one may run cooler/quieter than the other, which might let you OC a bit higher.

If it's the Sapphire Nitro+ I'd recommend that one. I have it and have no complaints.

FioGermi

Reputable
Feb 20, 2019
What exact model of Gigabyte and Sapphire 580s? There isn't typically much performance difference between different models/brands of the same card, typically just the cooler. So one may run cooler/quieter than the other, which might let you OC a bit higher.

If it's the Sapphire Nitro+ I'd recommend that one. I have it and have no complaints.
This Gigabyte and this Sapphire that indeed is Nitro+
Another thing I have doubts, how is the price fluctuation right now? Is a good time to buy GPUs or should I wait a little?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
If Nvidia releases a GTX 1660 and/or 1650 soon that could push prices lower. But I don't think those cards are even confirmed yet, let alone have a release date. So it's really hard to say. If you want a card now, I'd say it's as good a time as any.

Edit: looks like I wasn't up to date with my info, looks like the 1660 Ti has just been released and performs on par with a 1070. Not sure at what point the 1650 is expected to come out. The 1660 Ti does cost a fair bit more than an RX 580 or GTX 1060, so I'm not sure how much effect it'd have on those prices though.

Last edited:
Solution

FioGermi

Reputable
Feb 20, 2019
The thing is that I want to buy components like every two weeks and have everything by mid April, so in this case scenario what would be the best for buy first? I'm think of buying the GPU first March week.

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
The thing is that I want to buy components like every two weeks and have everything by mid April, so in this case scenario what would be the best for buy first? I'm think of buying the GPU first March week.

If you don't care about ray tracing or play any games that supports it. 1660 or 1660 ti should be perfect for your build as it got same vram as the 2060. Let's just hope it realeses before march