[SOLVED] are those pc components good for ( EXTREME HIGH END ) pc [STARTER] (NOOB)

vastupead

Prominent
Jun 25, 2019
Hey i am soon trying to buy new pc, but i would like to choose these parts, and then let expert put that pc together
i am quite new to this, but know little bit what are top tier parts

questions

1) Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor is the fastest cpu for gaming out there right now, as i do my searches (based on best cpu,gpu,psu,motherboard,cpu cooler,storge etc in 2020, so i keep finding these results]

2) as again Noctua NH-D15 came up as one of the best air cpu coolers, so why not

* why not liquid cooling i hear about this AIO, (all in one) i already get scared about the fact, that water somehow starts to (LEAK), and everything is ruined, and i have to maintain it now and then switch water and so on, i know with AIO, you dont have to do any maintenance, but still, i have always had air cooling cpu, so why change that, but i know water transfers heat much more efficiently than air, as they say ( but still i always prefer air cooling, you can suggest me more air coolers)

3) i just choose that motherboard ASRock Z490 Taichi ATX LGA1200, because i use ASROCK motherboard right now, i could go with maybe example these motherboards? what is the real diffrence?

• ASUS ROG Maximus XII Extreme
  • Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA
  • Asus ROG Maximus XI
* ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming

it can be any other version to, there is so many options to choose from, i get quite confused which one to choose, but i want it to be ( EXTREME HIGH END)
* searches are done like this, (best motherboards for gaming 2020) that is how i find these

4) it does not have to be Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive, i just choose something out, but evo 970 is top tier, but i know i can choose almost anything here, i would like to have 1 ssd [ 1 or 2 TB] and 1 HDD around 1000gb or 2000gb, should be alright ye?

5) Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card, it can be GTX 2080TI to, or just wait for 3080 ?
my current pc is 1080 gtx gigabyte, so should i stick with [Gigabyte manufactory or what this even means?)

6) i like these two pc cases

* Fractal Design Define S2 Vision RGB ATX Mid Tower Case
*darkFlash Phantom Black ATX Mid-Tower

does these pc parts even fit in these cases? video card, motherboard? cpu cooler? PSU?,
how would i ever know that?

7) Corsair RMx 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply - again it does not have to be this company PSU, i would like to overclock my pc aswell, or maybe there is AUTO OVERCLOCK option, 650 or 850? or 750? should do the job, what is the recommendation, for the rig like that

8) G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-4000 CL15 Memory - 16 gb is enough as i have read no need really for 32gb or more, just choose those out, there is again so so so many from everything to choose from every section, and for a stranger it can be hard to make these choices

* for a personal preference i would like to yes have RGB lighting inside the case, so this ram should do it i think, and the case i choose have rgb fans also, and idk sometime i see everything is rgb, videocard logos, liquid coolers, PSU, motherboard, and more, but would like to have ye some lighting in there aswell, right now i have my case * full blackout*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) i want the best parts i can have, please recommend more, so i can check them out
2) also i would like this pc to be future proof

1. budget can be 3000-4000 euros
  2. this can obviously done much more cheaper, smarter
no monitor, no keyboard, no mouse, no soundsystem i will think about those later

Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
If you want to overclock this CPU, you really should consider an AIO liquid cooler. I use BeQuiet Dark rock and Noctua HSF's but neither will really be what you need for a good OC on this CPU IMO.

And for motherboards only look at LGA1200, so Z390 is out.

RealBeast

Titan
If you want to overclock this CPU, you really should consider an AIO liquid cooler. I use BeQuiet Dark rock and Noctua HSF's but neither will really be what you need for a good OC on this CPU IMO.

Solution

vastupead

Prominent
Jun 25, 2019

Thank you for your answer!

1920x1080, i think and would love to go for monitor with 240hz or that new one 360hz, will see
We need to see the reviews of the 3080. However it has been generally considered the 2080Ti as overkill for 1080p. The new 3070 is claimed to equal or outperform the 2080Ti. When going for exceptionally high fps the games that can achieve it tend to be games that are not very gpu demanding. Your typical AAA game which are cpu demanding are likely to be limited by the cpu long before the gpu at 1080p.

If you want to play esports games at a high level then the 1080p 360Hz is probably an ok route. If you want to play AAA games with good detail and accurate colours then a 1440p or similar high Hz monitor may be the better option. Either way that proposed system will run it.

Reactions: Fragaroth