Question Are those screen artifacts caused by my Vram dying/overheating?? PLEASE HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigabyte2020

Honorable
Apr 14, 2016
Hey guys,
pls bare with me.
I started FH5 premium edition yesterday (came from FH4 UE) but I had random crashes the whole game more than I drink water lol, game freezes for few secs then crashes without any errors, also I notices those screen artifacts in screen shots (recorded with shadowplay) they last for few secs but it makes me worried tbh, I couldn't spend a whole hour in the game due to multiple crashes and no matter EXTREME-LOW my graphics presets are (same Vram temps), are those artifacts bec the Vram Hotspot is 103c? or just the game?? in FH4 too the Vram temp reaches 95ish but never crashes randomly like that (at least since last time I played it) nor shows those artifacts. Ik my card needs new pads bec the current ones already leaked oil on the backplate in 2021 (bought card on july 2020 and finished pc in oct 2021) the card still on warranty but am not sure yet if the issue is still with my card temp to cause crashes soooo many in FH5 or it's from the game
Note:
the card settings are on default, voltage is already locked by aorus engine (aorus 2080 super) I have good airflow case with 9 strong fans (dont care about noise) including 1 very strong fan (cooler master JetFlo blue) intake for the card backplate.

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I have good airflow case with 9 strong fans
Is it good and not a turbulent mess? Because the first screenshot suggests an airflow problem:
-Gpu core recorded at 84C or higher. The built in Gpu Boost 3.0 doesn't care too much for core temperatures over 83C. GB 3.0 is an auto OC function that does the majority of the OC'ing for the user, but it does so based on core thermals and power limits.
-Memory is fine. 105C is the thermal limit, with a recommended below 95C for extended use.
-Gpu hot spot, not Vram hot spot, is the hottest sensor on gpu die. Not unusual at all for this to be 10 - 20C higher than the core. Gpu hot spot should have a thermal limit of 110C. My 1080Ti has about a 15C gap with a Kraken G12 and a Fractal Celsius AIO on it.
In conclusion, it's a bit warm, but OK for the most part. Suspecting poor airflow, or air just blowing everywhere with no real regard for air traffic and creating deadzones or possibly recirculating heated air - i.e., turbulence.

Not unusual for pads to leak oil over time. It inevitably happens, and the oil is harmless.

Post more PC specs:
-cpu.
-cpu cooler.
-chassis model.
-power supply age, make and model, not "650w psu". Ex: Corsair AX850 Titanium, about a year old.

What kind of crashes?
Crash to desktop or restarts? More likely to be driver/software at the source.
PC black screens or shuts off? More likely to be hardware at the source.

gigabyte2020

Honorable
Apr 14, 2016
Is it good and not a turbulent mess? Because the first screenshot suggests an airflow problem:
-Gpu core recorded at 84C or higher. The built in Gpu Boost 3.0 doesn't care too much for core temperatures over 83C. GB 3.0 is an auto OC function that does the majority of the OC'ing for the user, but it does so based on core thermals and power limits.
-Memory is fine. 105C is the thermal limit, with a recommended below 95C for extended use.
-Gpu hot spot, not Vram hot spot, is the hottest sensor on gpu die. Not unusual at all for this to be 10 - 20C higher than the core. Gpu hot spot should have a thermal limit of 110C. My 1080Ti has about a 15C gap with a Kraken G12 and a Fractal Celsius AIO on it.
In conclusion, it's a bit warm, but OK for the most part. Suspecting poor airflow, or air just blowing everywhere with no real regard for air traffic and creating deadzones or possibly recirculating heated air - i.e., turbulence.

Not unusual for pads to leak oil over time. It inevitably happens, and the oil is harmless.

Post more PC specs:
-cpu.
-cpu cooler.
-chassis model.
-power supply age, make and model, not "650w psu". Ex: Corsair AX850 Titanium, about a year old.

What kind of crashes?
Crash to desktop or restarts? More likely to be driver/software at the source.
PC black screens or shuts off? More likely to be hardware at the source.
Every software is up to date, I even upgraded windows to 21H2 (10) with full updates and geforce drivers are up to date, will post pc specs below.

XPG battlecruiser super mid tower
Bitfenix Whisper M 850W full modular 80+ Gold (never caused any issues)
Ryzen 9 3900X cpu
X570 Aorus Master
team T-Force alpha silver 32gb (2x16) 3200 MHZ
AOC CQ32G2E 1440P 144 hz 1ms 32 inch curved monitor
Aorus 360 aio
Aorus 2080 super
big storage (SSDs+NVMEs+4tb HDD)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
XPG battlecruiser
Hmm... found 3 reviews for this model, , and , but they all had different setups and the thermal results were all different too.
TechPowerUp, ran the chassis' stock fan config with a tower cooler. Does ok thermally, is the impression I got.
Legit Reviews, ran dual AIO. 360mm cpu AIO front intake. 240mm gpu AIO top exhaust. Stock rear fan. Found that the top panel is a bit restrictive. With the top panel + filter, some of the air exiting the radiator recirculates back into the chassis.
TweakTown, ran the stock fan config, plus a 120mm cpu AIO as top-front exhaust, for some reason... Does good thermally.

It looks like this chassis has some restrictions at the top, and it may be better if you disregard top fans entirely.
Where is that radiator located?

You haven't said what kind of crashes.

gigabyte2020

Honorable
Apr 14, 2016
Hmm... found 3 reviews for this model, , and , but they all had different setups and the thermal results were all different too.
TechPowerUp, ran the chassis' stock fan config with a tower cooler. Does ok thermally, is the impression I got.
Legit Reviews, ran dual AIO. 360mm cpu AIO front intake. 240mm gpu AIO top exhaust. Stock rear fan. Found that the top panel is a bit restrictive. With the top panel + filter, some of the air exiting the radiator recirculates back into the chassis.
TweakTown, ran the stock fan config, plus a 120mm cpu AIO as top-front exhaust, for some reason... Does good thermally.

It looks like this chassis has some restrictions at the top, and it may be better if you disregard top fans entirely.
Where is that radiator located?

You haven't said what kind of crashes.
The rad is installed at the front, 3 fans intake pull air from outside case then push to rad, 2 fans behind rad, 1 pulling air from rad then push to system (not hot air btw) 2nd fan which is intake for gpu backplate (not hot air). The back and top can have 4 fans but to make it bit even; the back and 2 top fans are exhaust, the top right side is intake with the 2 fans behind the rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.