Question Are TP-LINK ONEMesh systems really seamless? I need to reset wifi on my phone when moving.

Nov 13, 2023
Are TP-LINK ONEMesh systems really seamless? I have a system with a router and two range extenders (one wireless, one power line).

In general the system works okay to extend the wifi coverage, but when I move from one part of the house to another my iPhone still has a wifi connection but struggles with data. If I turn the wifi on my phone off and on, performance returns to what I expect it to be.

Is this an issue with this type of wireless system, or perhaps some other issue? It’d be useful to fix this as we‘re reliant on wifi calling as the area doesn’t have good phone signal.

thanks

kanewolf

Titan
Are TP-LINK ONEMesh systems really seamless? I have a system with a router and two range extenders (one wireless, one power line).

In general the system works okay to extend the wifi coverage, but when I move from one part of the house to another my iPhone still has a wifi connection but struggles with data. If I turn the wifi on my phone off and on, performance returns to what I expect it to be.

Is this an issue with this type of wireless system, or perhaps some other issue? It’d be useful to fix this as we‘re reliant on wifi calling as the area doesn’t have good phone signal.

thanks
WIFI was not designed for roaming. There have been patches applied to the standard to improve it, but it isn't perfect. Your phone is in control of roaming between APs. One thing you could try is to turn DOWN the transmit power on your satellites to minimize the overlap. Too much overlap will cause the phone to "stick" to a further away WIFI source.

TRENDING THREADS