Are Used Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2018
Was looking at maybe getting a laptop as I have been working away alot for a few weeks at a time and don't want to spend too much around £400-450 am I better buying used?
Was looking at something like this ASUS FX504 15.6-inch Full HD Gaming Laptop (Black) - (Intel i5-8300H Processor, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Dedicated Nvidia GTX 1050 2 GB, Windows 10) or MSI GL72M 7REX-1414UK, 17.3-Inch Full HD Gaming Laptop (Black) - (Core i5-7300HQ Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1050Ti 4GB Graphics, Windows 10 Hom

Solution
Big ticket item on a used laptop to me is "how old is the battery?" If you don't care about junk third-party batteries, run it mostly on AC anyway, OK never mind this.

Used laptops to me is like buying used clothing, but to each his own.

I like factory refurbs, open box, they often give you 90 days warranty and sometimes even longer.

Ralston18

Titan
Many factors involved. Required laptop specifications to begin with - laptop must be able to do what you need it to do.

Also warranty: A used laptop is unlikely to have any meaningful warranty and also likely to have some "history". I.e., Factory refurbished may or may not be a good sign.

List out your requirements and price new laptops meeting those requirements. See how much more you may need to spend.

Consider the trade-offs.

Big ticket item on a used laptop to me is "how old is the battery?" If you don't care about junk third-party batteries, run it mostly on AC anyway, OK never mind this.

Used laptops to me is like buying used clothing, but to each his own.

I like factory refurbs, open box, they often give you 90 days warranty and sometimes even longer.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS