Are windows 7 enough for gaming purposes?

Virax_101

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
Hello everyone,
I'm about to build a budget gaming Pc soon
Windows 10 is WAYY more pricey compared to older Win7.

My question is, would Windows 7 be enough?
just to spice more bucks on the specs instead, also do i consider buying 64bit then 32bit?
IMO some newer games won't run at 32bits.

Solution
It's "enough" in the sense that it'll work.

But you will lack DX12 support using anything other than Windows 10 and, while not too much of an issue right now, for a gaming rig, the latest DX support really should be a 'must' IMO.

The license for 32bit will also activate 64bit, but the installation media you'd receive would be 32. You'd need to create your own 64.

Where are you finding Windows 7 for substantially cheaper? Looking through legit sources, Windows 7 is ~$110 and Windows 10 is $90.

If you're looking on the secondary/grey market, I'd suggest you reconsider.

Virax_101

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017

Thank you for clearing that out! :D
having 32 bit is good in later times but now it is going old already..

askinatr

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017

Heh, Yeah :)

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
It's "enough" in the sense that it'll work.

But you will lack DX12 support using anything other than Windows 10 and, while not too much of an issue right now, for a gaming rig, the latest DX support really should be a 'must' IMO.

The license for 32bit will also activate 64bit, but the installation media you'd receive would be 32. You'd need to create your own 64.

Where are you finding Windows 7 for substantially cheaper? Looking through legit sources, Windows 7 is ~$110 and Windows 10 is $90.

If you're looking on the secondary/grey market, I'd suggest you reconsider.

Solution

Virax_101

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017

So does Dx12 matter? i think it has some major improvements over it so..
Prices in my country is somewhat inaccurate so i have to recheck somehow,
but the last time i saw few months ago: Win10Home ($142) so Win7Home was like ($120)
but if Win10 was more cheaper right now then i think it's way to go because of it's new renovation
like Dx12, So btw i won't be needing the Pro version?