Question Are windows checking drive a sign of failure

Nov 28, 2020
So My pc underperforms usually even though I changed my all hardware (mobo cpu, gpu ssd) IT usually happens after I do a restart on my fresh installed pc. IT used to say disk checking and repairing so i thought underperforming was that. Now i Changed my ssd with a new one. it was fine for a couple days again until i restarted my pc and it said checking and repariing drive again. is this sign of a failure again or no?, i am using a diff sata cable and a port too. I have an samsung evo860

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
It is very possible that the drive has a problem, it could also be corrupt files etc.

Backup your data, download and run the "Samsung Magician" software which might give you an idea as to what is going on.
If that looks OK, open the command prompt (run as Administrator) and run:

chkdsk/f C: press "y" and reboot your PC, it will run a check disk and try to "fix" problems, then restart again and see what happens.

If the problem continues follow this.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...em-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e

Good luck.

Nov 28, 2020
It is very possible that the drive has a problem, it could also be corrupt files etc.

Backup your data, download and run the "Samsung Magician" software which might give you an idea as to what is going on.

chkdsk/f C: press "y" and reboot your PC, it will run a check disk and try to "fix" problems, then restart again and see what happens.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...em-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e

Good luck.
this is my new drive though pleas read it again. this drive is my brand new one from warranty it shouldnt have any failures

So My pc underperforms usually even though I changed my all hardware (mobo cpu, gpu ssd) IT usually happens after I do a restart on my fresh installed pc. IT used to say disk checking and repairing so i thought underperforming was that. Now i Changed my ssd with a new one. it was fine for a couple days again until i restarted my pc and it said checking and repariing drive again. is this sign of a failure again or no?, i am using a diff sata cable and a port too. I have an samsung evo860
Sounds like your corrupting data on the disk.
Grab a copy of memtest86 and let it run a few passes.

Nov 28, 2020
Sorry, missed that.

Have you done the other things.?
IM running the system file check right now, but the thing i dont udnerstand, drive is brand new, windows installation is fresh, the only thing i would call old is my USB that i use for installing windows, and the laptop i install the installing media to my usb

Nov 28, 2020

Good luck.
oh by the way i did scan fc before doing chkdsk i did the chkdsk it said errors found and couple dumb readings i dont understand. Bro the drive is brand new? how is it errored?

If the new drive is doing the same as the old drive, even after a clean Windows install, then I would guess you have something else going on.

You should run a memory(ram) test to see if your system ram is failing which can cause storage disk corruption.

Grab memtest86 as was previously suggested and run it. To be clear there is a difference between storage and system memory(ram)...memtest86 will test your system ram for errors which can affect your new disk.

I would also run a thorough offline anti-virus test that can scan the boot sector of the drive. It's possible the Windows install files you downloaded have a virus or a virus was picked up off the laptop you used to create the Windows USB.

Nov 28, 2020
If the new drive is doing the same as the old drive, even after a clean Windows install, then I would guess you have something else going on.

You should run a memory(ram) test to see if your system ram is failing which can cause storage disk corruption.

Grab memtest86 as was previously suggested and run it. To be clear there is a difference between storage and system memory(ram)...memtest86 will test your system ram for errors which can affect your new disk.

I would also run a thorough offline anti-virus test that can scan the boot sector of the drive. It's possible the Windows install files you downloaded have a virus or a virus was picked up off the laptop you used to create the Windows USB.
what should i do if there is errors with ram. would just replacing it fix it?

TRENDING THREADS