Are wireless speakers any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast2furious

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Was look at the new range of wireless speakers from Creative (http://www.creative.com/wireless/) and was wondering if they would be as good as the wired ones. Apparently creative claims that its new flagship wireless speaker uses the apt-x codec which is way superior than the normal bluetooth audio. In addition, the ziisound also has a transmitter for the iphone and you can dock it into a speaker. Do you think its worth spending $299 on the ziisound? Anyone here has any experience with wireless speakers?

No.

Final_act

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
They look like they'd be "okay" depending on what you want. Personal I enjoy wired speakers so I can hook up as many as I need without allot of price, I also recommend tube amplification more expensive but worth it!

There are several sources of tubes on the rise in this day and age, actually producing more old models than ever before. One is Antique Radio Supply, another is New Sensor. Tubes are seeing a revival because they sound better than transistors.
I had two amplifiers in my shop, one was an old mac tube amp, the other was a very expensive Onkyo. When customers came to the shop, I asked them to listen and decide which amp sounded better. 100% of the customers picked the tube amp as sounding better.
Tubes do rule. Long live tube amps.

Final_act

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010

Do you know a Website Because no stores carry them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.