[SOLVED] Are xbox 360 and xbox 1 controllers interchangeable on steam games?

Sep 18, 2019
I'd like to buy a new (genuine) wired xbox360 controller but they don't make them anymore.
Why wired? Because the wireless one is kinda heavy when the batteries are attached, and I have carpal tunnel.

So I have a couple of questions about getting an xbox one controller because I've read online that it's lighter, and well, I can actually buy a new one. I'm only interested in genuine microsoft products because any imitation controllers I've bought in the past have had sensitivity issues.

1) Can I use an xbox one controller on steam games without issues?

2) If so, what version of the controller do you recommend for PC use (steam)?

I'm asking this because I know that later iterations of controllers have better battery life, etc.

3) Do I need a usb adapter for it to be recognised by the computer, like the usb adapter of the wireless xbox 360 controller (I'm using windows 10)?

4) What charging method do you recommend?

Last edited:
Solution
I'd like to buy a new (genuine) wired xbox360 controller but they don't make them anymore.
Why wired? Because the wireless one is kinda heavy when the batteries are attached, and I have carpal tunnel.

So I have a couple of questions about getting an xbox one controller because I've read online that it's lighter, and well, I can actually buy a new one. I'm only interested in genuine microsoft products because any imitation controllers I've bought in the past have had sensitivity issues.

I'm asking this because I know that later iterations of controllers have better battery life, etc.

3)...

3) Do I need a usb adapter for it to be recognised by the computer, like the usb adapter of the wireless xbox 360 controller (I'm using windows 10)?

4) What charging method do you recommend?
Personally I just use an official wireless one with the USB dongle (the 360 one doesn’t work you need a new Xbox One one)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS