[SOLVED] Are xigmatek psu's good?

Apr 13, 2022
Specifically I'm talking about the one included with the master x
https://www.xigmatek.com/product_detail.php?item=331

I really like the case itself, it sells at a retail store nearby and there aren't many pc retail stores here.
The case looks to be well made and it looks nice. And it's priced really well. I'm just wondering if I can use the psu that comes with it, that would be really convenient as I want to change my current case and psu as they are quite old

Thanks in advance

Solution
It's not false advertising. It's a different point of view. Back in the day, pc's used a lot more of the minor rails, 3.3v and 5v and a lot less 12v. So a psu was rated taking the minor rails into consideration, adding onto 12v output. Today's pc's are very different, there's relatively very little 3.3v use (motherboard logic circuits) and 5v is for drives and USB (not counting argb) which doesn't add upto much. That leaves 12v powering the gpu, cpu, most molex add-ons etc. So a 552w 12v rail was accurate (ish) for an old psu at 650w.

And the xigamateks are older designs.
Apr 13, 2022
In short, no.
It comes with the "650w" X-Power
https://www.xigmatek.com/product_detail.php?item=183
Which in reality is not a true 650w PSU(12v rail only rated for 552w) and is 230v only meaning they skimped there too. Not a PSU I would use or recommend using.
Thanks for the quick reply.
I doubt my pc uses even 300w. But it's bad that they false advertise the psu, so that loses them some "trust" points, I probably may still go with the case as I love it and have already grown attached to it. And ill try to replace the psu ASAP
thanks for the help!

Reactions: Why_Me

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It's not false advertising. It's a different point of view. Back in the day, pc's used a lot more of the minor rails, 3.3v and 5v and a lot less 12v. So a psu was rated taking the minor rails into consideration, adding onto 12v output. Today's pc's are very different, there's relatively very little 3.3v use (motherboard logic circuits) and 5v is for drives and USB (not counting argb) which doesn't add upto much. That leaves 12v powering the gpu, cpu, most molex add-ons etc. So a 552w 12v rail was accurate (ish) for an old psu at 650w.

Solution
Apr 13, 2022

Ah, that's intreseting, thanks for the info. Maybe I was too quick to judge. It seems to be just an older psu, but I'll replace it eventually, can't cheap out on the psu lol