Are you a 'Book Worm'? What do you read?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafael Mestdag

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
I am a book worm and I love F1 drivers' biographies and fiction in general, authors like Sidney Sheldon and Agatha Christie as well as Conan Doyle.

How often do you read and what do you read?

Solution
I listen to audiobooks daily - to/from work and walking for exercise.

Like Heinlein for sci-fi (Starship Troopers is incredible - nothing like the movie). Current fantasy is most anything by Brandon Sanderson - Mistborn series right now (book 2).

If you are interested in King, there are so many ways to go. If you want a more fantasy oriented series then it's Dark Tower. Horror there are always It, Salem's Lot, and The Stand.

membaby

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017

Such a great topic you have raised. From every passing day, there are less people who are into reading. I've read news that by 2050 we will have holograms, which will replace books.
True or not, I am sure there are still many people in modern world, who have libraries at home and enjoy reading. My favourite athor is Hemingway. I like his style of writing and amazing books

Rafael Mestdag

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014

I'd love to be more into authors like Hemingway or Nietzsche, but I guess the books I was obligated to read at school made me too scared or uninterested in anything which isn't mainly fun. Like Sidney Sheldon, whose books are like Hollywood movies and Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes which is more on the fun side than anything else(although you learn a lot by reading Sherlock's adventures).

As for books turning into holograms, well I also suppose that there will always be those who'll still prefer actually turning paper pages instead of the easier stuff like audio books or holograms or cell phones apps. I'll probably always be among those people.

ChronicTonic

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017
I read constantly, daily, and have since before I started in grade school. Literacy was big in my house, and Mom had me reading really, really young. I never, ever go anywhere without my kindle app on my pad. Waiting, delays, time to kill in an unfamiliar place...I read. I do not do waiting, with any patience at all...so I read. Before bed... read a few pages. Even while cooking! (Like I said, impatience and boredom are a problem)

I read mostly historical fiction, sci-fi and, well, whatever strikes my interest. Usually fiction of some kind. Right now, I'm re-reading American Gods (Neil Gaiman), which I first read 10 years ago (-ish).

Feb 20, 2019
I am book eater and I can't stop until the dish is finished. That is why I am afraid to read when I'm busy - after starting a new story I'll disappear from the reality for 3-6 hours.

Jul 30, 2019
I guess a little bit. I'm currently reading two books "Pride and Prejudice" and "The honest truth about dishonesty". I like to read two books at a time because you can switch between them. One is usually a fiction one and the other non-fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.