[SOLVED] Are you Okay with these issues?

Benjamin22044

Great
BANNED
Aug 17, 2020
There was this Amazon Fire TV Stick in the past and now the brand has brought the Lite version of this device, known as the Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite. This is again a Mediatek powered device with 4k capabilities and supports 1080p videos and it also supports high dynamic range (HDR) content at 1080p, in HDR10 and HLG formats with Amazon Alexa support.
However, the remote with the device bids adieu to the TV-related controls, and can control the streaming stick only, not your TV. This means the remote lacks volume or power buttons and would have to use your usual TV remote or the remote in your smart speaker for these controls. While most of the people think that a $30ish device is good even without these features, I would like to know your opinion.

There was this Amazon Fire TV Stick in the past and now the brand has brought the Lite version of this device, known as the Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite. This is again a Mediatek powered device with 4k capabilities and supports 1080p videos and it also supports high dynamic range (HDR) content at 1080p, in HDR10 and HLG formats with Amazon Alexa support.
However, the remote with the device bids adieu to the TV-related controls, and can control the streaming stick only, not your TV. This means the remote lacks volume or power buttons and would have to use your usual TV remote or the remote in your smart speaker for these controls. While most of the people think that a $30ish device is good even without these features, I would like to know your opinion.

I just use two separate remotes. My normal Fire stick did not have TV controls (and ended up breaking anyway in about a year so I'm using a phone app to control it) on it either.

Reactions: Benjamin22044

Benjamin22044

Great
BANNED
Aug 17, 2020
I just use two separate remotes. My normal Fire stick did not have TV controls (and ended up breaking anyway in about a year so I'm using a phone app to control it) on it either.
Happens with a lot of people and I think Amazon should really look at the quality of such products. At least basic functionalities are a must, even if you increase the cost of the device. Though the Mediatek chipset in it is good enough but at the end of the day, the basic functionalities of the device and its matter a lot more.