Are You Ready To Win Parts For Your Back-To-School PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Thanks for the giveaway!
For those that are mad at TH for not giving away outside the USA (as well as Rhode Island), it's not their fault. Blame the stupid laws regarding giveaways/contests in Europe and elsewhere.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Can't they open up this thing world-wide if the winners are willing to pay for shipping?
Hell.. Beats buying the parts for their full price anyway.

magruder13

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
You should make this only for college students and ones that are doing electrical engineering and love Tom's Hardware and live in Chicago. Then MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, I would have a chance at winning. ;-)

Sorry people outside the US!

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Can't they open up this thing world-wide if the winners are willing to pay for shipping?Hell.. Beats buying the parts for their full price anyway.[/citation]

Wait.. Nevermind -.- Somehow my stupid mind didn't realize this was a back to school thing..
And I'm at work typing this.. lol.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
komikool, you're only here to win prizes? Why not try reading articles? The mentality around the world amazes me these days...

Why can't you just be happy for someone else? Why are people so selfish? What about those serving their country overseas? I'm on tour waiting on a jet to be repaired so I can fly home and I don't think that this should be restricted to just those going to college.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
what ever happened to tripple channel memory, i thought that the i7 line had that, or am i mistaking it for a higher end i7 line... god do i hate that the i series is split into only 3 sections and than numbers after

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
college students in USA only. at least the odds that I win are up from the usual "everyone in USA" giveaways. hope I win. Ill wish best of luck to 5 other geeks.

Zagen30

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]what ever happened to tripple channel memory, i thought that the i7 line had that, or am i mistaking it for a higher end i7 line... god do i hate that the i series is split into only 3 sections and than numbers after[/citation]

Technically triple-channel was a feature of the 1366 chipset, but Intel never released anything other than i7s for 1366 since it was their premium one. They did release some i7s for socket 1156, their mainstream chipset that launched about a year after 1366, and those used a dual-channel configuration just like all the other lower-end processors that fit that socket.

But that only applied to the first-gen Nehalem i7s. This gen, Sandy/Ivy Bridge, Intel again has a mainstream/high-end chipset split (1155/2011), with the former again using dual-channel and the latter using quad-channel. Unlike the first gen, though, they rolled out the mainstream chipset before the performance one, so most people aren't overly familiar with 2011.

Neuromancer23

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
It's not fair for the US to get the cheapest hardware, the best bundles and most frequent/awsome giveaways. At least we have better internet in Europe (HA).

Bi*ching aside- best of luck to everyone!

Please stop moaning about these giveaways being U.S. only. As Tom's has explained many times (perhaps a little more politely), elected and non-elected parasites and bureaucrats have written laws and imposed rules that essentially forbid a giveaway like this from being global. Even Rhode Island, a U.S. state, is excluded. Does it make sense? Of course not, but these laws were imposed by Force, not by Reason.

abitoms

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
though i am unhappy at not being able to participate in this, i do understand it is cos Toms is tied by the US laws. Hope everyone calling Toms a BS site makes a note of this.

chronium

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]jtt283[/nom]Please stop moaning about these giveaways being U.S. only. As Tom's has explained many times (perhaps a little more politely), elected and non-elected parasites and bureaucrats have written laws and imposed rules that essentially forbid a giveaway like this from being global. Even Rhode Island, a U.S. state, is excluded. Does it make sense? Of course not, but these laws were imposed by Force, not by Reason.[/citation]

It's more to do with the fact that they're to lasy to include a skill testing question, which Canada requires.

Status
Not open for further replies.