[SOLVED] ARGB connector to motherboard instead of controller.

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
Hi!

I just have a very quick question. I will buy a new CPU fan (Coolermaster MA620M) which has ARGB. I know that an rgb controller is included in the box, but if I don't want to use it and connect it to my motherboard will I be able to control the RGB or will it just be 1 preset that I can't change? Thanks!

Solution
Yeah I know how it works but my question is, how will I be able to control the lights when I dont have the controller connected to it?
Dont most motherboards now support software that control ARGB?

Support? as in can they run the software - Yes. but if you mean can they control an ARGB strip that isn't connected to a controller; well that's not going to happen.

AFAIK the manufacturers have not settled on one standard yet, Asus Aura is probably the closest thing to one, but with adapters most ARGB stuff can be made to work with the given controller.

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
If your motherboard has an ARGB header on it then yes you can connect to it directly, if not then use the included controller.

This is just for the lights, the fans go to fan headers.
Yeah I know how it works but my question is, how will I be able to control the lights when I dont have the controller connected to it?

popatim

Titan
Dont most motherboards now support software that control ARGB?

Support? as in can they run the software - Yes. but if you mean can they control an ARGB strip that isn't connected to a controller; well that's not going to happen.

AFAIK the manufacturers have not settled on one standard yet, Asus Aura is probably the closest thing to one, but with adapters most ARGB stuff can be made to work with the given controller.

Solution